Main Menu

Loco-Friday

Started by Tripoli, May 31, 2024, 08:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Grand Funk Railroad, 1974.  While I knew the song was first done by Little Eva in 1962, I did not know the song was co-written by Carole King (and apparently Little Eva was Carole King's baby sitter.  Apparently, Rock was a small world back in 1962)

Me?  BoC work.  Rule the Waves 3 AAR.  Working on a CMBN AAR.  Fight Club Work. And enjoying the weather.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

nelmsm

Nice choice!  I had heard that bit about Carole King's involvement though.  You listen to enough oldies you pick up those tidbits.  This weekend will see me keeping up with my PBEM games; one Case Blue in WitE2, a full campaign in Danube '85, a delaying action in Republican Bayonets on the Rhine, and some playtesting.  Will try to squeeze in some Salerno '43 on my gaming table and tomorrow my local gaming club meets where I should be playing one of the COIN games and maybe something else.

Gusington

Tearing my way through Ghosts of Tsushima, hopefully some Age of Empires IV, perhaps some Civ V...and I really want to get back into Old World again with the flurry of DLCs that have been produced recently.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

War in the East 1, watching my armies sink into the October Russian mud.  :HideEyes:  Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Happy weekend Grogs !

For my love affair with roguelikes continues with more Tales of Maj Eyal and the newly acquired Slay the Spire in the recent sale for peanuts.

Also continuing to slog my way through Exiled Kingdoms and eagerly awaiting Gus's preview/first impressions of Field of Glory Kingdoms.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Geezer

Playing a new game of Dyson Sphere Program.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Pete Dero

Total War Warhammer III

Enjoy the weekend !

solops

Shadow Empire
Turn 360, one AI and me left, he has 60% of a large planet but the Republic of Mordor shall prevail under the enlightened leadership of the Dark Lord!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

In-laws are moving closer to us this weekend (approx. 15 min. drive time in the next township over - nice, new house too), so I get to pick up, move, and put down heavy things repeatedly tomorrow.  This and the typical yardwork should keep me occupied quite nicely.

Am eyeing up the Cypher RPG system for the possible eventual online game for the Daughter, so I've got some reading to do there in order to get up to speed for anything happening soonishly, so any kind of computer gaming is going to be the quick and simple kind of thing (WoT,WoWs,etc.).

Have a good one, folks, and be sure to hydrate!

Gusington

^I have spent most of my adult life picking up and putting down heavy things. There are worse ways to live  :justice:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Star Citizen
Company of Heroes
Who knows what else.

Gus you must be an absolute unit after years of lifting.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I have looked much worse, yes  :thank_you_2:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Workers and resources

Red dragon

Warno

Airland battle

Maybe some civ poss 4

Phantom

Just finished playing "Cruel Necessity" - board game on the English Civil War. Its REALLY hard, indeed the hardest solo game I've ever played, you just keep getting pounded by the game - I lost heavily, but was pleased as I avoided losing disastrously or spectacularly (my description, not the games). If anyone wants a solo gaming challenge, this is probably it!

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on May 31, 2024, 07:59:20 PMStar Citizen
Company of Heroes
Who knows what else.

Gus you must be an absolute unit after years of lifting.

Maybe some Star Citizen, but mostly wandering around in Gray Zone Warfare.