Main Menu

Storm Eagle Studios

Started by Wburn, June 12, 2024, 04:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wburn

Hey folks. I'd like to post a question about Jutland by SES. The website is no longer functioning because the certificate is expired. Has anyone heard if this company is still in business? I own both Distant Guns and Jutland. Before this happened, there would be a prompt stating that there would be a key to unlock the games if there was a business failure. Anyone have any knowledge about this, or know how I can contact the company?

Gusington

I owned Distant Guns years and years ago but have not heard any useful info on Storm Eagle Studios in years, sorry.

If it's any consolation, we are not the only ones who have been discussing this, for a long time.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=286666
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Would be great if he just threw them on stream and threw all users a steam key. These were really good games.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Maybe  one day...until then there are alternatives. Like Rule the Waves, Steam and Iron, and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaughts  :ThumbsUp:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Wburn

Yeah, well, I'm starting to doubt if there's a future for these games. I hope the developers follow through with their promise to provide keys to unlock them.

Redwolf

You can probably find Norm Koger on Linkedin.

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on June 12, 2024, 07:21:55 PMMaybe  one day...until then there are alternatives. Like Rule the Waves, Steam and Iron, and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaughts  :ThumbsUp:
With its damage system and visualisation as well as it's campaign representation in real time as well as general atmosphere. I don't think any of those alternatives have the right balance.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

UA:Dreadnaughts is what Distant Guns/Jutland always wanted to be and then some.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

#8
Quote from: Gusington on June 12, 2024, 09:44:18 PMUA:Dreadnaughts is what Distant Guns/Jutland always wanted to be and then some.
Dreadnaughts is historical, has real time jutland sized fleet battles, has a real time campaign and simulates a specific historical campaign theatre and allows you to organise fleet formations in dock? I have not been keeping up with dreadnoughts for years now,  but don't remember feeling the historical vibe storm eagle studios games had.

Ses jutland always felt more simulation than dreadnoughts did.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Rekim

Shocked to see that the SteamPowered store can still be accessed;

https://store.stormeaglestudios.com/home

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Rekim on June 12, 2024, 10:55:20 PMShocked to see that the SteamPowered store can still be accessed;

https://store.stormeaglestudios.com/home

Although my security software throws up a warning because they have outdated security certificate so even is someone wanted to buy something, probably not a good idea until the fix the security problem:)  Luckily I have never and would never buy anything from there anyway.

CaptainKoloth

Unfortunately they were always obsessed with selling their games on their broken, forgotten StormPowered platform (complete with intrusive malware DRM) rather than putting the games on Steam or GOG where someone might, you know, actually notice and buy them.

bobarossa

Yeah, I loved Norm Koger games going all the way back to Stellar Crusade on my Atari 800.  I wouldn't have hesitated to buy Jutland if it didn't have that obnoxious DRM.

Redwolf

What was the name of Norm's sidekick? That one was obnoxious.

To this day I can't believe that Norm Koger made a game that I didn't buy.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Redwolf on June 13, 2024, 01:50:58 PMWhat was the name of Norm's sidekick? That one was obnoxious.

To this day I can't believe that Norm Koger made a game that I didn't buy.

Maybe Jim Rose?