Main Menu

Shrapnel Games

Started by Jarhead0331, June 27, 2024, 07:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Does anybody know how to recover games from Shrapnel? For some odd reason, I have a hankering to play some of their titles that I purchased in 2010! For the life of me, I can't remember if they shipped CDs or if they actually had download links. The email receipts don't say and they don't have any serial number or code either. I distinctly remember manuals though, so I suspect they came by CD.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

I have only bought a couple of things and all mine were downloads, although can't find the actual links.  What I did find, the day I purchased the game, I received an email from the company sending me the manuals.  What is strange, I usually have  tracker for all keys and such, no record of it.  Their store is gamers front and couldn't find anything under that as well.

Mystery to me as well:)

Jarhead0331

I found a hard copy of one of the manuals, so I must have received a CD, but I've gone through all my old jewels and nothing. Not sure why it really matters since none of my active rigs have a cd/dvd player anyway.  :idiot2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 27, 2024, 07:56:51 PMI found a hard copy of one of the manuals, so I must have received a CD, but I've gone through all my old jewels and nothing. Not sure why it really matters since none of my active rigs have a cd/dvd player anyway.  :idiot2:

You could buy a cheap usb cd/dvd drive if you ever find it, that is what i have for the rare time i need it:) Now you have me thinking if i actually did get cd, been too long.

Jarhead0331

Pay dirt! I found the main one I was looking for. Air Assault Task Force.

Thanks for external cd drive idea.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

DesertFox

I have a similar issue with Shrapnel...  I bought the CD versions of Steel Panthers WW2 and MBT years ago and I recently had to reinstall Windows and made the mistake of not backing up those two folders.  Now I want to reinstall them and can't.  Looking through my purchase history with them, I even seem to have bought some type of extended download service but still can't re-download the CD version of either one of them... 
"Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win, even with the inferior force."
-- Spartan Battle Manual

em2nought

War Plan Pacific came on a commercially cased CD.
Stolen elections have consequences.