FRIDAY in the dark

Started by undercovergeek, June 28, 2024, 04:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

A song from my misspent 80s youth

This weekend there'll be workers and resources 1.0 - I have just spent 6 hours fixing my water supply problem - I don't know whether that makes me happy or sad

I'll try a new map on WARNO with a new Russian deck - thinking a recon force with hind support

Also looking at diving back into eu4 after all the medieval shenanigans in Civ6
Still a bit burned out on Civ 6 after a non stop week last week but might fire it up with a new nation

There's a hole in my gaming that only sea power can fill but it still seems a mile off

Anguille

Will be watching soccer/football during the weekend evenings (Switzerland's playing tomorrow against Italy)!

Will continue playing my first Humankind full campaign. Will probably also continue my Civilization 6 game with the Celts. Would love to install and try the new city-builder i bought: El Dorado.

Happy weekend

Redwolf

Rainbow in the Dark FTW.

I'll try the IL-2 stuff I acquired this week.

Gusington

1100AD mod (R2TW) wrap up as the Ayyubids, Knights of Honor 2 (probably as Oman) and Field of Glory: Kingdoms futzing.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Since I've been reading 19 Minutes to Live, I've got a hankering for air assault and helicopter warfare. I've gone back to playing Leave No One Behind, a game that was so much better than it had any right to be. I wish the developers had continued to work on it and expand it...still a lot of fun to play. Will most likely also play DCS Kiowa and some Campaign Series Vietnam with the new beta patch that dropped yesterday.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Fields of Glory Kingdoms and maybe a return to X4 Foundations (with the new 7.0 update).

CJReich46

First, working tonight. Off Saturday and Sunday is gonna suck because it is the beginning of the new Quarter, AND it's Back to School  :uglystupid2:

So, after watching Kikoskia on Twitch Wednesday afternoon do a play through (and another streamer I like Bittomann) both play 40K Boltgun, and it looks like a blast so I decided since Game Pass has it, why not?

So downloaded that- really enjoying it.  I'm on the 3rd level 1st chapter- kind of stumbling through on Initiate. But I might restart because its fun.

Had to re-download Darkest Hour on Gamersgate only to be confronted with corrupted install issues, and since their tech support plainly sucks. Seriously, clicking "Ignore" every 30 seconds to skip to the next file? It. Took. HOURS to install. So I looked at GOG (1.99?- Yep- Done. Plus it's patched and 1.06 is coming!)

So with that, I decided to pay Emperor ROTMK a visit, instead of a campaign I decided to sandbox it. It was to experiment with a simple block idea that is more "realistic" for a city. Instead of blocks of houses just use roads to be more "natural" they're small blocks that work really well. Plus I was able to achieve "perfect harmony" in Feng Shui, which is a important mechanic. It improves your city's reputation. I was pleasantly surprised how it worked, unemployment, food stocks etc were manageable as well.

I know there's a Steam sale, plus GOG sale but payday is next week as I have rent due this Mon, so it's hmmm let's see?

:ThumbsUp:

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Fetrik

Working nights this weekend so not much gaming. Some co-op in Deep rock galactic and Gunfire reborn, maybe some Abiotic factor solo or in a friend's world.

undercovergeek

A few shots of Geekenstok

Farming project -

The farm complex -

Hardcore construction storage -

The construction yards and vehicle depots -

The aggregate storage area and track building yard -

Train distribution yard, currently empty as trains are loading crops, unloading alcohol, food and clothes at border -

The food, fabric and alcohol factories -

Where everyone lives -

devoncop

Baldurs Gate 3 has it's hooks in me for the first time.

Around that some quick Slay the Spire runs and have a quick scope out of my sale purchases.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Destraex

Steel Division 2 - 2 new maps just announced for this baby. Gotta be happy with that. Grabbed the new division packs.
Sins of a Solar Empire 2 - Enjoying this, at the beginning the gameplay is suspenseful and intensely interesting. Late game against the AI is just island hopping with a standard build each time. You have one massive fleet that either roles them or you. It becomes a bit of a drag at that stage as the A.I. can attack you from two different directions with full fleets. Unless you are TEC Loyalists with twin fortresses, garrisons and the planet perk to give you 20 extra military slots you just get steam rolled. You cannot afford not to use your full fleet to attack which leaves you nothing in defence.
Squad maybe
Deep Rock Galactic
Star Citizen.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Crossroads

Rainbow in the Dark  :Dreamer:

As an emptynester for second year running, I've set up my vinyl system again in one of the rooms now available. I still have the original Holy Di... Friday, and of course I do, but what I was not expecting was it to be in such great condition still.

I recently purchased the HumminGuru ultrasonic record cleaner as well, and what ever mock there may have been in the vinyl surface, it cut Straight Through the Heart of them, it is all Invisible now.

Bought Microprose's Regiments from Steam sale. Glad to see that gaming brand in action again. Stand Up and Shout!

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

solops

Shadow Empire.

The odds and ends I bought on the Steam sale will just have to wait next to the stuff from last year's Steam sale (and before). I can't get away from a couple of truly great games to try out many new things.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin