Main Menu

Take FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, October 24, 2025, 08:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

[edit.  Not sure why the Youtube embed is not working, but here is a direct link: https://youtu.be/tT9Eh8wNMkw  ]
Dave Brubeck, 1964. According to The New York Times this is "among the most iconic records in Jazz", eventually becoming the first million-selling jazz single.  https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/dave-brubeck-quartet-time-out-8545907/

As far as gaming: BoC work.  Fight Club Work: Task Force Admiral and Modern Naval Warfare testing. And yard work.  Plus, my wife has been making ugly noises regarding me painting the bathroom.....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Pete Dero

Works for me :



For gaming : Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 and X4 Foundations.

Enjoy your weekend !

undercovergeek

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 24, 2025, 08:44:24 AMWorks for me :



For gaming : Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 and X4 Foundations.

Enjoy your weekend !

Yup X4 here too - have played nothing else since starting the game in September

Destraex

Quote from: Tripoli on October 24, 2025, 08:25:29 AM
[edit.  Not sure why the Youtube embed is not working, but here is a direct link: https://youtu.be/tT9Eh8wNMkw  ]
Dave Brubeck, 1964. According to The New York Times this is "among the most iconic records in Jazz", eventually becoming the first million-selling jazz single.  https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/dave-brubeck-quartet-time-out-8545907/

As far as gaming: BoC work.  Fight Club Work: Task Force Admiral and Modern Naval Warfare testing. And yard work.  Plus, my wife has been making ugly noises regarding me painting the bathroom.....

On youtube, you must click the "share" button to get the correct link to embed here. You cannot copy the hyperlink from your browser.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Another HALO remake was just announced. This may make some new players happy. I never got into HALO personally.

This weekend.
War Thunder Ships
Sins2 maybe
COH3 of course

Tried the Dynasty demo. The 4x space strategy game market is flooded at the moment. So many good games coming or releasing into demo or early access. Most unfortunately do not allow anything to do after you finish a single player campaign.

Space Marine 2 - 40k is still good, but like star trek and star wars, I am at the stage where I am hoping 40k will not be wrecked by bandwaggoners now that it is so popular.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Destraex on October 24, 2025, 06:34:03 PMSpace Marine 2 - 40k is still good, but like star trek and star wars, I am at the stage where I am hoping 40k will not be wrecked by bandwaggoners now that it is so popular.

Lord yes on this one (the bandwagon folks that is); have long since sailed past the point where I listen to critiques of things if I'm fond of the subject as I know it'll be rife with some breathless dude going on about how it's, "not honest to its' roots," etc. I've possibly got books about said subject(s) that are older than you my man, so go on and tell me all about it.

Egad. I've posted my "get off my lawn," moment, haven't I?

Destraex

Lol. You probably have had a lawn moment.
I for one like my favs to be consistent so that I keep liking them. If 40k for example decided to remove all lasers to the lore and added nerf guns instead, I would not be happy and would probably give up on the hobby or cut the hobby off at that point in time and restrict myself to the old stuff that got me into it.
As for roots, every hobby has a learning/experimental phase where they get stuff wrong in the beginning, then the lore gets baked in and should become static. From what I hear 40k is starting to change it's lore as it moves into the realm of big time hollywood. If it becomes generic trash after it comes out the other end I will prolly ignore everything including and past that point they bring out.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

devoncop

Playing some Elemental Reforged which is great vale and has just gone into Early Access but is already very playable whilst I eagerly await the full Master of Command release on 27th.

Big improvement on Fallen Enchantress and the other games in the trilogy as it incorporates the best from the three games plus new mechanics like crafting.


http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

solops

Hog hunting with some light Shadow Empire.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Anguille

Stellaris and Horizon (humans in space) for me.

Toonces

Anything you can share on Modern Naval Warfare, Trip?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tripoli

Quote from: Toonces on October 28, 2025, 02:55:06 PMAnything you can share on Modern Naval Warfare, Trip?
Unfortunately, no.  Nothing I can share.  But I believe that this will be worth the wait.  :grin:
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln