Main Menu

The Vacant FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, September 11, 2026, 09:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

Being the 25th anniversary of 9/11, this song seems to me to be appropriate.  The lyrics were written in 1861 to memorialize the death of Lt. John William Grout, an eighteen-year-old lieutenant in the Union Army killed in the Battle of Ball's Bluff.  In 1862, it was set to music, and became one of the most popular songs of the war, expressing universal sentiments of suffering and loss experienced by families during the conflict.  RIP to Todd Beamer and all those who lost their lives on 9/11 and in the two decades of war that followed.


As far as gaming, I probably won't be doing much this weekend.  Still recovering from returning from Alaska.  Have a good weekend, y'all.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Pete Dero

25 years is certainly not long enough to forget the horror I watched live on TV that day.

For gaming : Steel Fury and Everspace 2.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 11, 2026, 12:34:15 PM25 years is certainly not long enough to forget the horror I watched live on TV that day.


I was there. I saw it in person.

I'm still angry.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

I have bought 4 games in the last month and still haven't touched them because of Aurora 4x

For the first time I'm in a proper war - ship to ship and am reading up on ground war for the next stage

I'm happy with the navy's performance I just need to work on building an army and putting in the right hierarchy

So there will be that

There could be solar nations 2, solar expanse, terra invicta, civ 7, and planet zoo... but there won't

Destraex

Combat Mission Red Thunder on steam. Have not cracked this open in a while, but am talking to a friend who finally got access to his keys through support and is playing on steam.

Sins of a Solar Empire 2 - the Eidolon race DLC
Age of Empires IV - Having fun against hard A.I. with randoms playing the Japanese Sengoku
Star Citizen - did a few missions with a few friends. They had been mining all day and took a break to go do some combat missions. Good fun.

P.S. Has anybody watched a TV Show called Silent Service. I am enjoying the first season at the moment. Reminds me of a Japanese Hunt for Red october. Good for those that like sea sims here.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

undercovergeek

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 11, 2026, 07:40:18 PMI have bought 4 games in the last month and still haven't touched them because of Aurora 4x

For the first time I'm in a proper war - ship to ship and am reading up on ground war for the next stage

I'm happy with the navy's performance I just need to work on building an army and putting in the right hierarchy

So there will be that

There could be solar nations 2, solar expanse, terra invicta, civ 7, and planet zoo... but there won't

However wardogs is making me moist

bobarossa

Just getting back into Shadow Empires after a year away.  I've forgotten so much (such as armor SUCKS when fighting in sand dunes).  And remembering how logistics works. 

undercovergeek

Quote from: bobarossa on September 12, 2026, 12:04:10 PMJust getting back into Shadow Empires after a year away.  I've forgotten so much (such as armor SUCKS when fighting in sand dunes).  And remembering how logistics works. 

I never - not once figured out logistics - if you're a master please let me know

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Redwolf

Quote from: Destraex on September 12, 2026, 08:09:51 AMP.S. Has anybody watched a TV Show called Silent Service. I am enjoying the first season at the moment. Reminds me of a Japanese Hunt for Red october. Good for those that like sea sims here.

It so happens that I was watching it yesterday.