Latest Wargaming Acquisitions

Started by TheCommandTent, September 15, 2012, 09:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DV8

Band of Brothers - Ghost Panzer just arrived today.  BoB Screaming Eagles might be my favorite tactical WWII game so I'm sure I'm going to love this version!  Hope to get me first play in over the next week or so.  Only problem with the game is that it's not that popular so finding opponents is difficult.

"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Tinkershuffle

Setting up a new monster, MMP's The Devil's Cauldron, at our gaming club today:

The lucky bastard behind the camera somehow managed to get his hands on this rarity before it got sold out..:)

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Just showed up at my door..... need it to rain now so I don't have to do any more yard work!  :P

DV8

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on the game.  Looks like a good PBEM candidate once the VASSAL module is made or rainy weekend game.

GJK

I'm interested as well.  IIRC, the game deals heavily with the political aspects of WW2 Europe which would could be a much more manageable game than WiF+Days of Decision.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Barthheart

@ DV8 - I'm going to rush this one to the table so I hope to post some thoughts as soon as I can just need time.... :buck2:

@GJK - I think you might be thinking of Supreme Commander. USE is pretty light on the politics, at least as far as I seen so far, though it isn't scripted so you can get some surprising results.

bob48

That does look like an interesting game.

'Clip those corners'

TacticalWargames

DV8, I believe they got rid of leaders in Ghost Panzer? Is this correct? Shame if they have.

W8taminute

I'm also interested in hearing what your thoughts about Unconditional Surrender are.  I've seen some youtube reviews and unboxings but I'd rather hear what a fellow groghead has to say on the matter.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

DV8

Quote from: TacticalWargames on May 24, 2014, 07:21:14 PM
DV8, I believe they got rid of leaders in Ghost Panzer? Is this correct? Shame if they have.

I have not played it beyond the first scenario so I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the system ever had heroes.  SE does not.

panzerde

Just ordered Ghost Panzers and have started messing with it via VASSAL. The game system seems very easy and understandable so far. I'm eager to get my actual boxed copy.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on May 23, 2014, 11:51:24 AM
Just showed up at my door..... need it to rain now so I don't have to do any more yard work!  :P

Did your Rain Dance work, Bart?

I think you sent some my way for a whole day after you said that.  Maybe your aim was off?

Barthheart

Quote from: Nefaro on May 25, 2014, 08:08:08 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 23, 2014, 11:51:24 AM

Did your Rain Dance work, Bart?

I think you sent some my way for a whole day after you said that.  Maybe your aim was off?

That's where it went!  :knuppel2:

No rain here so not much playing. Got the first two training scenarios done in early morning sessions. Good stuff so far. Land combat is a breeze once you've done it a few times. Works well. I was able to conquer Poland on the first try.
Norway was a tougher nut with air and naval rules added in and weather can be a real bitch.....

More as I plot through.....