Panthers in the Fog - Teaser Trailer

Started by JudgeDredd, October 16, 2012, 05:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

heh, saw this earlier today, it doesnt exactly tease does it?

i mean if it was a stripper youd ask for your money back

The comments on Youtube dont seem too positive either

Ive never seen such a pointless piece or marketing

MikeGER

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 16, 2012, 05:11:13 PM
i mean if it was a stripper.....
.... it teases like a 240 ibs chick doing a pole dance in a burka

I want to see some f#$&£ing in game footage !

Close Combat : Customer in the Fog   .... or a Panther is still a cat also  so its: "Die Katze im Sack kaufen" (German proverb buying a pig in a poke) ::)

LongBlade

I'll withhold judgment.

I know some of the guys that work on that series. If they're still working on it the game should be good.

That vid, however, didn't really give us much. Could have been any WWII game. With dust. And text.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Its a pretty typical Matrix promo video.  Their videos never show game play.  Watch the one for WitP sometime.

Staggerwing

It's a Close Combat game. Other that prettier graphics how different can it look? Any Goodliness this title brings to the franchise will not show in a teaser because it will all be under the hood. An AAR or review will be more helpful than a short top down graphics pr0n clip.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

They certainly got the, in-the-fog part right.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 16, 2012, 06:11:14 PM
It's a Close Combat game. Other that prettier graphics how different can it look? Any Goodliness this title brings to the franchise will not show in a teaser because it will all be under the hood. An AAR or review will be more helpful than a short top down graphics pr0n clip.

That's true.

But these games are fun to play.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

Quote from: MikeGER on October 16, 2012, 05:32:29 PM

Thanks for that visual image, Mike. Now I'm going to go burn my eyes out with a hot stick  ;D

Arctic Blast

Well, that was a waste of bandwidth. Certainly isn't going to rope in any newcomers. And the CC vets want to see these promised changes, not a minute of historical information explained over a sandstorm.

Yay for videos without a point?

Sigma One

Quote from: MikeGER on October 16, 2012, 05:32:29 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 16, 2012, 05:11:13 PM
i mean if it was a stripper.....

I want to see some f#$&£ing in game footage !

Close Combat : Customer in the Fog   .... or a Panther is still a cat also  so its: "Die Katze im Sack kaufen" (German proverb buying a pig in a poke) ::)

We actually do plan on releasing gameplay footage soon :)

As for future reference, what would you guys think a teaser would be, opposed to say, release/launch or announcement type?

JudgeDredd

Well - ALWAYS gameplay!

I don't care whether it's a teaser or a trailer or a teaser trailer or any other combination of words to describe the video...but when you are showing a video of a game in development - and a fairly anticipated game at that - then gameplay is what is required in that video - and the longer the footage and the more features shown the better.

That really was simply a total waste of my time and your time and as I said - it's only redeeming factor was that it only stole a minute from me.

I was sitting there watching it thinking "10 seconds in to a 54 second video and no footage yet...what exactly is this going to show me?"...followed by 20 seconds, 30 seconds and it only really dawned on me that I was getting nothing from this when I got to 40 seconds in - and even then I was fully expecting the ending to be punched with some sort of amazing still graphic of the amount of detail on a tank or a very short clip of an intense firefight.

Really not a cool video. I mean - it was well done but a waste of time and energy. It actually made me think of The Pacific TV series for some reason.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

+1

JD and i appear to have gone through the same emotional journey watching the vid

- 00:01 AWESOME a teaser trailer for a game ive been waiting for
- 00:10 Ok some historical fluff, bring it on
- 00:20 Well, im not going to get to see much
- 00:30 Errrr
- 00:40 Really? Still with the sandstorm?
- 00:50 There's bound to be a TA-DA moment of a Panther bursting through a stone wall or something, anything to justify my excitement and the cost of making this video
- 00:54 Bastards

MikeGER

+1
JD you feel like a unknown lost brother of mine  ;)

Scott,
i expected in the last 3rd of that teaser to get a tiny (thats the tease ;) ) sweepin split second glimps at the new features (nipple slip ;) ...if i stress the burka bikini-clad pole dance metaphor once more ...Steele, do you feel better now;) ) from the text on the Matrix webside (and maybe even some of the AI improvements since Arnhem ... like AI soldiers doing something not seen before in CC ...for example a smarter AI start up placement of units on a scenario map .... or how the AI is tactically using the new load and unload feature itself... (can guns be limered up and moved too?) and i am also curious about the zoom level-steps of the new display...

... I hope to see the beta at the Spiel 2012 on Saturady (i bet Eddy S. will be running the latest game betas on his Laptop as usual in the past years :-D  )