Main Menu

Execution by...

Started by Jarhead0331, October 26, 2012, 09:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Well, Oh f*ck me sideways!

Geek, you don't sound like you come from Leeds, some of that posh West Mids accent musta rubbed off on ya :-)

Actually, there are worse places than Leeds, and it does have that wonderful museum, Leeds Armouries, which is a great place.
http://www.royalarmouries.org/home

Maybe my judgement was clouded by my last visit there, where I got totally lost in the one way system (they were doing all that inner city building work and new motorway links). I was trying to get to our office there, which is just near the footy stadium - as a result, I was late for a meeting.

Anyway, rapidly changing the subject - who's on L4D2 tonight :P
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Silent Disapproval Robot

A Brummie goes to Ground Zero in New York one year after 9/11. Whilst there, he sees a fireman paying his respects. The Brummie says to him, "There were a lot of people that were very proud of what you guys did."

"Thanks, buddy," the fireman replies.
"You lot were bloody brave," the Brummie says.
"Thanks. Where are you from anyhow?" the fireman asks.
"Birmingham," he replies.
"Birmingham? What state's that in?" asks the fireman.

The Brummie looks around and replies, "About the same as this really..."



I was walking along the road earlier and suddenly this horrid stench hit me. I presumed I'd stepped in dog shit so I looked at my shoes, but I couldn't see any. I carried on walking, and the smell got stronger and stronger. I just couldn't figure out why.

Then I realised what I'd stepped in.

Birmingham.




After 2 years of training with the Army, I'm off to Afghanistan to fight in the war.

Bombs dropping, constant gunfire and a bunch of hostile Muslims and Arabs in my sight...

...as I leave Birmingham International Airport.



(Gran was from Shropshire.  I can't help myself.)

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 29, 2012, 01:08:32 PM
Quote from: Windigo on October 29, 2012, 12:48:25 PM
Help a colonial out... wtf is wrong with Leeds?

From what I've heard Leeds is sort of like Britain's version of inner Detroit.

Cheeky c**t!!!!!  ;)

The one person who said dont go to Leeds is from Manachester, if you asked one from Leeds he'd say dont go to Manchester - theres an enormous rivalry between the two cities, sat, as they are on either side of the Pennines.

Ill say this:-

3 vicars are discussing various religious matters, and one from the South complains his Bishop wont let him phone god, says its too expensive and long distance, the vicar from Manchester nods and says exactly the same, its just the same with his Bishop, the vicar from Leeds snorts, tells them both he speaks to God all the time on the phone, how is the possible they both ask..............

Because from Leeds my vicary friends, its a local rate call


Aythangyou, im here all week, shortly will be pictures of the beauty of Leeds, extending all the way up to Newcastle when Bob can post more rolling loveliness - i know, i know its just deserts and casinos and pointy buildings for you 'Mericans - proper stuff over here it is

bob48

You got that right - we have a similar thing between Newcastle and Sunderland (as geek will know from spending some time here)

Geek - are you going to invest in L4D4 so we can put paid to Zeke?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

theres a distinctly high possibility of that Bob - at the moment im surrounded by Orthapaedic Surgeons (no im not in an operating theatre) once ive finished up here and back home - youre on

bob48

You're a star!

.....I'm not even gonna ask why your surrounded with orthapaedic surgeons. Is it a seige of some sort and they're running round in a cantabrian circle, waving stethoscopes at you.........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on October 29, 2012, 04:25:11 PM
You're a star!

.....I'm not even gonna ask why your surrounded with orthapaedic surgeons. Is it a seige of some sort and they're running round in a cantabrian circle, waving stethoscopes at you.........

its their national conference!

Gusington

You Brits are so...cheeky. Almost makes me feel better about the ruins of New York State's cities. If you're ever over here and someone says 'hey let's go to Newburgh to buy crack,'...don't.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Did you hear that Geek? You're cheeky bugger - Gus said so, and he knows what he's talking about :-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Never used that word before in my life. Does it show ;)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2012, 04:42:01 PM
Never used that word before in my life. Does it show ;)

insulted in me own parlance!

Gusington

Cheeky sounds so innocent to us Yankees :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 29, 2012, 04:57:59 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2012, 04:42:01 PM
Never used that word before in my life. Does it show ;)

insulted in me own parlance!

you should get out more....
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Centurion40

Quote from: bob48 on October 29, 2012, 02:35:40 PM

Actually, there are worse places than Leeds, and it does have that wonderful museum, Leeds Armouries, which is a great place.
http://www.royalarmouries.org/home


Sayyy... I've been to the one in Louisville!  Who knew??!!
Any time is a good time for pie.