Breaking: Petraeus Resigns

Started by LongBlade, November 09, 2012, 03:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Well there was a dramatic difference between pre and post surge Iraq due to increased American capability and the Sunni Awaking.  That is undeniable.  Not sure what your question is to be honest.

Gusington

Whether or not Oliver Stone should STFU.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on November 14, 2012, 09:40:46 PM
Well there was a dramatic difference between pre and post surge Iraq due to increased American capability and the Sunni Awaking.  That is undeniable.  Not sure what your question is to be honest.

Not sure I have a question. More of an observation - the "surge" per se didn't do much. I agree *something* must have triggered the flip. I was never convinced it was the surge. More likely a lot of hard work from everyone before that happened to have coincided with Petraeus showing up.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2012, 09:50:14 PM
Whether or not Oliver Stone should STFU.

Nice avatar.

And I'm not just because Nimoy looks good on you.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2012, 09:50:14 PM
Whether or not Oliver Stone should STFU.

Well yeah.  That's been true for a long time now.

Gusington

Nimoy also thinks Stone should STFU, FWIW.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

All I know is you guys need to get your asses into Black Ops II.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2012, 09:57:13 PM
We're done with L4D2??

No.  I'm thinking this Friday or Saturday for some late night zombie slaying.

GDS_Starfury

Id like to take this moment and remind you that obama did ask for people to vote for revenge.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

Kewl Bison, I'm around all weekend trying to decide what to play solo next: Warlock vs. Commander - The Great War. L4D2 will keep my mind off of this issue.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on November 14, 2012, 10:03:01 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2012, 09:57:13 PM
We're done with L4D2??

No.  I'm thinking this Friday or Saturday for some late night zombie slaying.

I'm in!


Oh and another thread derailed!  But it took until page six.  Is that some kind of record?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 14, 2012, 10:09:26 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 14, 2012, 10:03:01 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2012, 09:57:13 PM
We're done with L4D2??

No.  I'm thinking this Friday or Saturday for some late night zombie slaying.

I'm in!


Oh and another thread derailed!  But it took until page six.  Is that some kind of record?

It's only a record if no one brings up boobs.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Well good luck with that.  I've got my own gaming demons to battle.