Serenity from the TV show Firefly built out of legos

Started by Staggerwing, November 11, 2012, 11:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Time to add another entry to the definition of Nerdgasm...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfrenzy/sets/72157630914408000/

Linking or D/Ling the pix is disabled by the builder so you will have to see for yourself.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MIGMaster


Staggerwing

#5
I would so like to make this one my avatar but I feel I need to respect the builder's wishes and not swipe it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfrenzy/7778507300/in/set-72157630914408000


IIRC there used to be a CAD program you could D/L from Lego that let you design things and would then give you a list of needed pieces which you could then order as a custom picked set. I wonder how large an item you could actually design that way.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jack Nastyface

FWIW...I went to BrickCon in Seattle about three weeks ago.  Quite amazing.  There was a massive Hogwarts castle (500,000+ elements), a great ancient world (Egypt, Greece, Rome, China) panorama, and some great modern buildings.  I can possibly post pics, if anyone is interested.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 11, 2012, 05:26:52 PM
Wow, I wonder how long that took.
475 hours over 21 months, weighs 135lbs and has around 70,000 pieces and has a full interior including cargo bay and bridge with lights in the cargo bay and Firefly drive!!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on November 12, 2012, 01:12:03 AM
FWIW...I went to BrickCon in Seattle about three weeks ago.  Quite amazing.  There was a massive Hogwarts castle (500,000+ elements), a great ancient world (Egypt, Greece, Rome, China) panorama, and some great modern buildings.  I can possibly post pics, if anyone is interested.

Yes please post pictures!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 12, 2012, 08:31:03 AM
Quote from: Jack Nastyface on November 12, 2012, 01:12:03 AM
FWIW...I went to BrickCon in Seattle about three weeks ago.  Quite amazing.  There was a massive Hogwarts castle (500,000+ elements), a great ancient world (Egypt, Greece, Rome, China) panorama, and some great modern buildings.  I can possibly post pics, if anyone is interested.

Yes please post pictures!

+1
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jack Nastyface

In no particular order...
Ancient Rome...Bricks and Sand, if you will..
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Jack Nastyface

Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Jack Nastyface

Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Jack Nastyface

Most of hogwarts....should give you an idea of scale
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Jack Nastyface

A detail of Hogwarts...every building had these cut-away vignettes.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.