Iron Front: Liberation 1944 50% off at GG today

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, November 14, 2012, 03:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-IFL1944/iron-front-liberation-1944

Single player pretty much sucks but online is great! (especially co-op).  There's supposed to be a new patch coming out this week that should fix a lot of the remaining game issues and there's going to be some new DLC as well.

Version 1.04 Changelog
---------------------------
* New: Engine version for a more stable game. Enhanced AI, enhanced performance.
* New: PPsh accept both drums and magazines (for players only). To change from drum to magazine, press Shift + R

* Fixed: Several multiplayer related crashes.
* Fixed: Several errors in the multiplayer missions.
* Fixed: Various bugs in the German and Soviet campaign.
* Fixed: Pumpkin glowing faces of the soviet army.
* Fixed: Broken axis of the soviet 61-k AA gun.
* Fixed: Some problematical hiddens of the German infantry.
* Fixed: Some errors of the tank damage system, both in multiplayer and single player
* Fixed: Several bugs of the single player campaigns.
* Fixed: Tank binoculars position (when looking with binoculars, the commanders seat was empty).
* Fixed: Sounds for MP-40, K-98 and DP-28 weapons.
* Fixed: Errors with the broken parts from the vehicles, reduced their weight for the performance.
* Fixed: Several errors with mines.
* Fixed: King Tiger gun sight, which was missing on distances larger then 800 meters.
* Fixed: Animation errors, the dead bodies were sometimes moving a bit.

Father Ted

This sounds like good news (the patch I mean).  I bought this on release, but have hardly played it.  I find that games-buying is often like buying wine these days - you get something not because you know it'll be great now, but because it'll probably mature into something worthwhile in a year or so.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Father Ted on November 14, 2012, 05:28:56 AM
This sounds like good news (the patch I mean).  I bought this on release, but have hardly played it.  I find that games-buying is often like buying wine these days - you get something not because you know it'll be great now, but because it'll probably mature into something worthwhile in a year or so.

Very true....seems like i buy most things day one knowing that it is more of a preview or extended test for me versus being able to really play it all out since we all know there will be a bunch of patches to follow.  In the early days of gaming never had the expectation of patches so it was pretty much jump in and accept it for what it was versus what it would become...I kind of liked those days better even if some issues weren't resolved....although in most cases I never knew games had issues before game forums became so popular:).

Oche

is this game similar to Red Orchestra and is it based on an ARMA 2 WW2 mod?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Oche on November 14, 2012, 06:27:53 AM

Other than the fact that it is technically an "FPS" that takes place on the Russian front, it is nothing similar to Red Orchestra.  Yes, it is essentially an ARMA 2 mod, but it is a total conversion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

trek

I'm still waiting for them to put a Tiger I in the game, the King Tiger just doesn't cut it for me. At least they included a Panther though.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Speculation is that the Tiger will be part if the DLC.  Rumour has it that there were some screenshots of a Tiger posted on the official forum that were quickly pulled down.  Never saw them myself.

Oche

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 14, 2012, 07:24:02 AM
Quote from: Oche on November 14, 2012, 06:27:53 AM

Other than the fact that it is technically an "FPS" that takes place on the Russian front, it is nothing similar to Red Orchestra.  Yes, it is essentially an ARMA 2 mod, but it is a total conversion.

Thanks.