Silent Storm, Blitzkrieg, 15 more 60% off at GOG.com

Started by Greybriar, November 16, 2012, 11:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Plenty of titles to keep you busy on sale for 60% off during GOG.com's "USSR Invades! War & Strategy Games" promo. And no StarForce on this lot!

Enjoy!

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Greybriar on November 16, 2012, 11:01:48 AM
Plenty of titles to keep you busy on sale for 60% off during GOG.com's "USSR Invades! War & Strategy Games" promo. And no StarForce on this lot!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up.... I have had Silent Storm on my wish list since it was released on GOG, but waited for a sale.  Now that it is here, any thoughts from anyone who has played it?

PE

Huw the Poo

Silent Storm is a fantastic little game.  Turn-based tactical squad gameplay, with fully deformable scenery.  You basically manage a squad of WWII soldiers who are divided into classes (sniper, grenadier etc) and send them on missions.  It gets almost everything right: the atmosphere, the gameplay, the mechanics, the character advancement, etc.  The only real problem with it is that it...changes slightly, half way through the game.  I won't spoil the surprise, but some people hated it while others weren't bothered.  I wasn't bothered, personally.

You'll get your money's worth for sure.  It's one of the few games I've ever played obsessively through to completion. :)

PanzersEast

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 16, 2012, 01:45:57 PM
Silent Storm is a fantastic little game.  Turn-based tactical squad gameplay, with fully deformable scenery.  You basically manage a squad of WWII soldiers who are divided into classes (sniper, grenadier etc) and send them on missions.  It gets almost everything right: the atmosphere, the gameplay, the mechanics, the character advancement, etc.  The only real problem with it is that it...changes slightly, half way through the game.  I won't spoil the surprise, but some people hated it while others weren't bothered.  I wasn't bothered, personally.

You'll get your money's worth for sure.  It's one of the few games I've ever played obsessively through to completion. :)

Thanks... picked it up.

Cheers,

PE

Huw the Poo

You won't regret it, it's a stonking game.  I have the original box around here somewhere...I wonder if it works on Win7-64.

The one tip I'll give you is to be very careful with grenades... ;)