Close Combat:Panthers in the Fog is Released

Started by JudgeDredd, November 19, 2012, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

As title over at Matrix if anyone is interested...I might be tempted as I have all the others - some reading is required though me thinks
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

LongBlade

Great news. I'll see if I can get a copy now.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

SgtRock

Although  it has one of my most requested features (ability to load/unload troops & guns), I want to see how this was implemented and does the AI make use of it?
What CC campaign system is it using? Besides the new graphics, what else is new?


JudgeDredd

I know it's called Panthers in the Fog - but I didn't actually think there was a fog "overlay"...I do NOT like the look of that...watching the video I was really straining to see clearly and just kept thinking someone had put cling film on my eyes!

Check out this video at about 4 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvADHrcfS3I
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

SgtRock

Well, it does look like fog but, I'd go blind playing that!

GDS_Starfury

if you havnt gone blind yet its safe to play with anything.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Sigma One

Steve McClaire at our forums (Matrix) mentioned that if a lot of people want an option fog setting, it might be something implemented. It wasn't something that really came up in beta testing, and it never really bothered me.


JudgeDredd

Well - honestly (and I'm not just bashing - I like the CC games) - I'd want an option. This was a possible buy as long as favourable reviews were out, but I simply could not play with that overlay...I honestly felt like my eyes were clouded. You know when you look at something and it feels like your eyes rather than what you're looking at - it made my eyes water (slightly).
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 19, 2012, 04:46:06 PM
if you havnt gone blind yet its safe to play with anything.

You know what your mother always used to say...

:P

GDS_Starfury

"stop showing the girl next door your weenie"?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


jomni

I want an option to autoresolve battles. Or save during battles. The campaign systems is so tedious, requiring you to fight every battle in every sector everyday. I have never finished a CC campaign except for CC2 and CC3 which are more linear.

LongBlade

Quote from: ScottP on November 19, 2012, 04:53:55 PM
Steve McClaire at our forums (Matrix) mentioned that if a lot of people want an option fog setting, it might be something implemented. It wasn't something that really came up in beta testing, and it never really bothered me.

I didn't mind it. Takes a bit of getting used to. What you don't get from the fog is how far a unit can effectively see. But you do get the sense that visibility is limited.

Just played my first game. Good stuff. If you like Close Combat this looks like another good addition to the family.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Im waiting for more reviews and opinions from people that I know before getting this.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bismarck

Thank heavens! I thought something was wrong with my monitor.
Jim Cobb

GDS_Starfury

I was emailed by US Brake months ago about my CC3 Grand Campaign.
perhaps I should take the email more seriously now.

hmmmmm
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.