Close Combat:Panthers in the Fog is Released

Started by JudgeDredd, November 19, 2012, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bismarck

Not reading you there, old boy. How is the PitF multiplay system inferior to the old one? Not enough players or what?
Jim Cobb

GDS_Starfury

I say old chap, the simple fact that the game isnt being pimped by Microsoft limits the amount of people that are going to play.  each version and publisher since then has limited the game more and more to a niche market.  I also dont like the current system of having to register at slitherine to get into the game lobby.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bismarck

I found a way to help me with the fog.  Go to Options on the main page and select "Outline soldiers in black".

@Star

If you're signed up for the Slitherine forum, you're already registered for MP.
Jim Cobb

GDS_Starfury

I am and I wasnt.
but do you get my point about distribution?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bismarck

I got your point. Can't see a resolution unless you feel S&M isn't doing their part.
Jim Cobb

GDS_Starfury

the best solution I can think of is to make an open lobby that just checks what CC games you have regardless of who made them.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bismarck

Indeed.  I went into the lobby and found nobody and left a post.  Remarks over at the indie CC site were negative about the lobby.
Jim Cobb

GDS_Starfury

perhaps they should pimp it to Steam to get traffic?
I do think though that it was the multiplayer that made the CC franchise.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Bismarck on November 24, 2012, 02:15:30 PM
I got your point. Can't see a resolution unless you feel S&M isn't doing their part.

I dont see how leather whips and handcuffs are going to help the game.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bismarck

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 24, 2012, 09:21:36 PM
Quote from: Bismarck on November 24, 2012, 02:15:30 PM
I got your point. Can't see a resolution unless you feel S&M isn't doing their part.

I dont see how leather whips and handcuffs are going to help the game.

Well, Slitherine IS British.  ;)
Jim Cobb

GDS_Starfury

then it should at least have the good graces to offer me a spot of tea and a crumpet before crashing on me again.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MikeGER

#101
Quote from: Bismarck on November 24, 2012, 12:57:46 PM
How is the PitF multiplay system inferior to the old one?

M&S claims it works out of the box, so two pals setting up a MP don't have to know anything about external IP's, portforwarding-setup at their specific router-types, network doohickey ,  and such ...

but this come for a price:
If M&S decide one day to shut down the PitF-lobby (maintenance cost ...or forcing the mainstream audience to the new 3d-top-down game as a side effect, if you want to think evil  ;) )  PitF is f%&#ed.

well, If the PitF-lobby is just a 'hook up' and all the packages send by all the ongoing MP games, aren't really went trough their server, and peer two peer after the first handshake and only a limit bandwidth is needed, they may allow an CC enthusiast (maybe a trusted ol'hand modder from the Community ) to host their software to keep it afloat... and the mods that hopefully come out too.         

GDS_Starfury

some good news after reading over thematrix forums.  theres a forum member named xe5.  for those that dont know or dont remember thats Mick.  hes one of the original modders of the CC games and was responsible for a lot of the tools used to make the game better.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

and just to make Bison feel worse, I had a Panther get killed by a friking Stuart with a flank shot.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.