Close Combat:Panthers in the Fog is Released

Started by JudgeDredd, November 19, 2012, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: Longdan on November 28, 2012, 08:09:38 AM
Thank you Mike.
STFU is soooo classy.

Yeah, Star, I know the shadows irritate you, but let's try to be polite to each other.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

I did not say they were right.  Just that they could face away from North.
Anyway I will still likely buy it but I guess it is only Germans and USA.
I have always liked this series.  CC2 was my son's first computer wargame.
He would regularly beat the pants off me when he was very small.
I had bad AI.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Bison

I should be available for some mp this weekend.

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on November 28, 2012, 08:11:31 AM
Quote from: Longdan on November 28, 2012, 08:09:38 AM
Thank you Mike.
STFU is soooo classy.

Yeah, Star, I know the shadows irritate you, but let's try to be polite to each other.

I figured STFU stood for Sun Too Far Up.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Smuckatelli

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 27, 2012, 09:51:23 PM
A. I used to make CC maps.

How's come you didn't make any maps for CCM and it's multiple versions?

I was looking to do a historical Belleau Woods scenario............

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Smuckatelli on November 28, 2012, 02:17:40 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 27, 2012, 09:51:23 PM
A. I used to make CC maps.

How's come you didn't make any maps for CCM and it's multiple versions?

I was looking to do a historical Belleau Woods scenario............

that was back during a very busy real life period of time. 
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Smuckatelli

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 28, 2012, 02:34:59 PM
Quote from: Smuckatelli on November 28, 2012, 02:17:40 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 27, 2012, 09:51:23 PM
A. I used to make CC maps.

How's come you didn't make any maps for CCM and it's multiple versions?

I was looking to do a historical Belleau Woods scenario............

that was back during a very busy real life period of time.

If you had time to sleep back then...you had time to make a historically correct Belleau Woods map.

MengJiao

Quote from: LongBlade on November 27, 2012, 04:20:11 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 27, 2012, 01:20:24 PM
I get that shortdan is no fan of mine but one simply cant go mucking about with spatial trigonometry.

Maybe it's dimensional.

Panthers in the Space-Time Fog.

It's that color-condensate gluon soup fog stuff.

Sigma One

I promised Bismarck I'd play a MP game or two this weekend, so maybe I'll see a few of you guys on!

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

Bison

I'll need to install the fix before we play if you want to do linked battles.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on November 28, 2012, 05:46:58 PM
I'll need to install the fix before we play if you want to do linked battles.

Bison, I think my question got lost in the shuffle - if you could pick this one or SB:WWI, which should I get?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 28, 2012, 11:40:15 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 28, 2012, 05:46:58 PM
I'll need to install the fix before we play if you want to do linked battles.

Bison, I think my question got lost in the shuffle - if you could pick this one or SB:WWI, which should I get?

Did you like SB when you played in the past?  There is a lot of micromanagement involved with selecting, moving and firing units.   The war front has changed with some special rules, but the gameplay is the same.

PitF has some technical issues right now with the linked campaign battles.  There is a hot fix but I haven't played with it yet and cannot confirm whether it works are not.  That being said the battles are very managable and the amount of micro is really up to you.  Vehicles need more love then infantry to get them to go where you want them to go.  The pathfinding for vehicles while improved still suffers from some of the past issues.  Again like SBWWI, did you enjoy CC when you played in the past?  The basic mechanics of the game have not changed.

I guess that'd be my deciding factor.  Which mechanic do I enjoy more?  TBS with micromanagement or RTS with less micromanagement.  Which UI am I more comfortable with?  The Tiller UI.  That has not changed.  Played one and basically you've played the UI for them all.  CC UI has some cosmetic changes but is the same.  Click select movement/attack and click on location.

son_of_montfort

^ Thanks Bison, that was a huge help!

I think I might pass on both, for now, then. I really liked SB:Soviet-Aghan War, but rarely played it because of the time commitment for each battle and my lack of familiarity with the conflict. While the second aspect is fixed by SB:WWI, the first is still a problem due to the need for fiddling with the units and micromanaging.

CC:A Bridge too Far was the first wargame I ever played. But I have always been crap at these games. So, I probably would still be crap at this one!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert