Exodus Wars : Fractured Empire

Started by Zulu1966, December 17, 2012, 05:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Huw the Poo

Yes indeedy, those vids were quite revealing.  I like the look of this - bearing in mind it's in alpha of course, so I'd expect more polish on release.

Thanks for the heads-up Zulu1966.  Now buy in and tell us how it plays. :)

Zulu1966

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 17, 2012, 05:23:29 PM
Yes indeedy, those vids were quite revealing.  I like the look of this - bearing in mind it's in alpha of course, so I'd expect more polish on release.

Thanks for the heads-up Zulu1966.  Now buy in and tell us how it plays. :)

OK... As you asked I will of course have to buy it otherwise it would be rude. My excuses for buying games get lamer by the day. :)
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Huw the Poo

Yay!  Looking forward to your impressions!

I'm quite intrigued by this one.  At first I was disappointed when I realised it plays like an actual tabletop game, but then i realised I don't really have any games like this and it could be pretty fun.  It's definitely on The List.

Tpek

I've been on it since the Indiegogo (crowdfunding) campaign.

I'm actually extremely excited to be playing a digitalized version of tabletop miniatures games,
this is something like I've been waiting for for years now.

If only Games Workshop had the brain to do the same thing with the Warhammer Fantasy&40K serieses :P

Grim.Reaper

Is this a browser based game or actual good old fashion download an install?  Couldn't find much detail on it.

Tpek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2012, 02:07:25 PM
Is this a browser based game or actual good old fashion download an install?  Couldn't find much detail on it.

Download and install.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tpek on December 18, 2012, 03:00:43 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2012, 02:07:25 PM

Download and install.

Thanks.

steve58

ugh -- in a weak moment I succumbed and bought this...unless I'm missing something this seems to be an always logged in to play game :(  Not saying its a bad game, just not something I would've gotten if I'd done my homework a bit better.  Note to self...never buy a game when I'm having a slow, boring day at work...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Eurgh...thanks for taking one for the team, Steve.  Interest gone. :(

steve58

OK, my bad  :-[...just double checked and while you do have to "login" each time to play, it does not show an internet connection.  Sorry for the false alarm.   Still not too happy about having to login each time I fire it up....

OK, looks like it does an internet/login check each time you fire it up.  You need to enter your acct login/passwd. I disconnected my cable modem and it would not run.  Reconnected the modem and it ran.  So, it looks like a phone home-type everytime type-DRM  >:(.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

That's almost as bad.  My internet connection is rock solid but I don't like having to ask permission to play my games if I want to play on my own.

Arctic Blast

Isn't this a purely MP game? Hard to attack the devs for requiring a log-in if it's a 100% online MP game.

Huw the Poo

Ah - well I dunno.  I assumed it would have a single player component.

steve58

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 19, 2012, 01:12:32 AM
Isn't this a purely MP game? Hard to attack the devs for requiring a log-in if it's a 100% online MP game.

Hhhhmmm, don't think so, but I didn't do a whole lot of investigating before I jumped on this one.  In looking around I didn't see anything that lead me to believe that its a MP only.  I did see this from their failed Indiegogo page.

The vision is that the game will ultimately include an online mode for players who wish to challenge their friends or top strategists in the Exodus Wars community. Individual battles will contribute to the larger conflict, bringing tabletop dynamics to life on a massive scale.