Main Menu

Asteroids!

Started by Longdan, January 07, 2013, 12:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

In the event that anything goes wrong with NASA's plan to capture an asteroid, they are also constructing this spacecraft

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

I kept waiting for them to say they were going to capture the asteroid and hold it at Gitmo...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2013, 01:33:44 PM
I kept waiting for them to say they were going to capture the asteroid and hold it at Gitmo...

Too much protest from Asteroid Rights Watch and Amnesty Intergalactic.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on January 07, 2013, 01:37:27 PM

^^

And that folks, right there, is the cherry on top of the icing. I cannot best it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on January 07, 2013, 03:18:03 PM

^^

And that folks, right there, is the cherry on top of the icing. I cannot best it.

+1   You guys should give out some kind of award or something for post like that :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mirth

Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 07, 2013, 07:28:23 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 07, 2013, 03:18:03 PM

^^

+1   You guys should give out some kind of award or something for post like that :)

I'd like to thank my parents...

Longdan

All the "little people"....
digni enim sunt interdicunt

mirth

Nah, screw the little people.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: mirth on January 07, 2013, 08:30:49 PM
Nah, screw the little people.

It is not very nice to talk about Gus like that.  ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Kushan

Not a bad idea. You get enough of them in orbit and we can start mining them for resources.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Longdan

No.  We will use them to rain death on wrong thinking people.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

W8taminute

Don't forget to thank the girls in the balcony.   ;)

Anyway, yeah can we have some kind of award or achievement for witty retorts or posts?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

LongBlade

Quote from: W8taminute on January 09, 2013, 11:27:49 AM
Anyway, yeah can we have some kind of award or achievement for witty retorts or posts?

I always thought that was the function of quoting someone in your sig.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.