Civ V -- Brave New World Expansion Pack (Summer 2013)

Started by steve58, March 15, 2013, 09:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

eyebiter

Any chance of larger maps?. Or do we have to wait for Civilization 6?

W8taminute

Looks like a pretty good DLC for CiV.  I might get it but the title of this expansion is really depressing me. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Quote from: W8taminute on April 13, 2013, 05:12:04 PM
Looks like a pretty good DLC for CiV.  I might get it but the title of this expansion is really depressing me.

Take a Soma holiday then ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

W8taminute

^LOL.  That's what I was afraid someone was going to suggest. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Staggerwing

If that doesn't do it then you could head on down to the Feely Cinema.  :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

^Another excellent suggestion.  Don't know which way to go now.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Martin Sheen, Keith David...I find it very cool the people they get to narrate these. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

steve58

Its out.  Something for my weekend playlist....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I am almost a bit civved out but want to get it as well. Would be cool if it went on sale but I'm not holding my breath.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Get it Gus! Huge changes to play style.

Played a bit this morning before work. Shoshone pathfinder scouts rock!

son_of_montfort

So... I... um... might have played this to 4:00 am last night. So far, so good, but I was getting my butt handed to me on Prince level by the AI. In one start, as Harun al-Rashid (I wanted to benefit from spreading religion and trade routes), I started strong but then my next-door-neighbor Portugal managed to convert all of my cities to their religion, even my holy city. That tanked both my happiness and my treasury, as my religion offered bonuses to both.

My second start was Byzantium, and I managed to get a very early religion foundation (easy to do with Theodora). But the Babylonians were parked right next to me and founded Akkad in my territory. So I went to war and took Akkad, then patched things up in peace. The happiness hit began to tank my economy and so my research foundered. The caravans did not help.

So it seems like they have made some stark economy changes under the hood.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

You lucky b'tards! It doesn't unlock until the 12th for us here...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

steve58

#29
Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2013, 12:37:10 PM
You guys think it's worth the hefty price?

Try using voucher code GMG20-F202F-UI40F at Greenmangaming.

It should knock off 20%, plus GMG is giving $4 cash back or $6 GMG credit, so it should cost you about ~$20, less if you count the $4 cash back or $6 credit...

I used a 20% off code for the pre-order a month or so ago and it worked just fine (wish they'd had the $4 cash back or $6 credit deal then).  Got my Steam code this morning and it worked fine.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)