Main Menu

Door-Kickers

Started by Arctic Blast, March 22, 2013, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arctic Blast

New game with a buy-able Alpha ($7.99) that looks like a revisit of old Rainbow Six games. It's a top view real time tactical game with the player controlling a SWAT team.

More info here : http://inthekillhouse.com/doorkickers/



I think I might be grabbing this. They're running almost their own little Kickstarter type pre-order Alpha set up from their web site here : http://inthekillhouse.com/buy/

Rock Paper Shotgun has done a couple of write ups on it in some of their The Flare Path articles, here and here.




jomni

Nice find.  We need more of these kind of games.

-budd-

Nice, i'm interested. Once they add paypal i might get in.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 22, 2013, 06:33:18 PM
heres an AAR for ya

http://forums.pockettactics.com/discussion/917/door-kickers-kick-in-door-wave-m4

Sweet, thanks for that UCG.

Yep, I think I'm going to have to buy in to the Alpha. I know, me buying a game...SHOCKING!  ;D

undercovergeek

i bought into the early bird deal last night - still waiting for activation email - wanted it sorting before i go away again - it looks like ideal laptop material  >:(

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 23, 2013, 04:19:42 AM
i bought into the early bird deal last night - still waiting for activation email - wanted it sorting before i go away again - it looks like ideal laptop material  >:(

I bought this morning using the Paypal option and it did not require any activation email.  After I paid, I was redirected to a web page to download the game.  I installed it and was able to play right away without any kind of key.

Haven't played much yet...but I do like the way you drag your movement orders....for $8 I hardly can go wrong:)  Love these type of games, hopefully it sees it's full potential.

Grim.Reaper

Gotta say after playing a little more, really interesting.  There are a bunch of missions available that allow you to breech many different dwelling types.  The order system is pretty simplistic and a combination modes of planning and real time which is really nice.  You can enter planning mode at anytime which pauses the action and allows you to issue orders so you coordinate actions amongst your team.  Then you resume and they carry out the orders.  You can also do the same real time, but a little tougher to issue coordinate movements.

You can use spy cameras to look into areas and throw flash grenades to stun the hostiles...pretty cool.  One thing that I am not sure exists (maybe it does and I haven't figured it out) is being able to chain commands together in planning mode.  For example, issue a movement order to a spot, then turn, then throw grenade, and then scan the room during planning mode.  Not sure if you can do that yet.

I am sure the AI and such will still need some tweaking, but does seem like it will have some potential, especially for a lower budget game.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 23, 2013, 06:38:44 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 23, 2013, 04:19:42 AM
i bought into the early bird deal last night - still waiting for activation email - wanted it sorting before i go away again - it looks like ideal laptop material  >:(

I bought this morning using the Paypal option and it did not require any activation email.  After I paid, I was redirected to a web page to download the game.  I installed it and was able to play right away without any kind of key.

Haven't played much yet...but I do like the way you drag your movement orders....for $8 I hardly can go wrong:)  Love these type of games, hopefully it sees it's full potential.

sorted - no paypal option from the UK for some reason - just received download link - diving in this afternoon

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 23, 2013, 08:02:53 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 23, 2013, 06:38:44 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 23, 2013, 04:19:42 AM
i bought into the early bird deal last night - still waiting for activation email - wanted it sorting before i go away again - it looks like ideal laptop material  >:(

I bought this morning using the Paypal option and it did not require any activation email.  After I paid, I was redirected to a web page to download the game.  I installed it and was able to play right away without any kind of key.

Haven't played much yet...but I do like the way you drag your movement orders....for $8 I hardly can go wrong:)  Love these type of games, hopefully it sees it's full potential.

sorted - no paypal option from the UK for some reason - just received download link - diving in this afternoon

Great....I am really enjoying its potential so far.  Sure, its still an alpha so can't complain much.  Few things that need to be added, which it sounds like the developer will be.  Right now no multi floor maps, all ground level right now.  Also in planning mode, doesn't appear you can chain your commands yet.  But again, alpha version so a long ways to go, but from just playing it this morning, I think I have already gotten my $7 value out of it:)  Simple to use and fun, at least to me.

MikeGER



Grim.Reaper

Just played a mission where you need to defuse a bomb and take out the hostiles.  I methodically went through the building to try and kill the hostiles first, which I thought I did.  So I then discovered the bomb and started to defuse......guess what, I missed a hostile:(  As my back was turned defusing the bomb, the hostile came up behind me and put a few bullets into my back.....now my swat guy is just a bloody chalk outline....

Important lesson....you don't want to lose your other swat team members so at least somebody is watching over you as you defuse the bomb:)  Fun stuff.

Huw the Poo

Geek grabbed a code for me too!  Thanks Geek!  Let's give this baby a go...

Nefaro

How many features is it still missing, being in alpha?