Main Menu

Door-Kickers

Started by Arctic Blast, March 22, 2013, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

Yea i got the email, haven't downloaded the new one yet as i'm busy playing other things. It's the only early access for me so far and i'm  not the least bit disappointed the dev's have been receptive and have really added some good stuff to the game.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on October 25, 2013, 07:33:30 PM
Yea i got the email, haven't downloaded the new one yet as i'm busy playing other things. It's the only early access for me so far and i'm  not the least bit disappointed the dev's have been receptive and have really added some good stuff to the game.

yep, they have been open and honest along the way in what you were getting....if I am not mistaken, I bought for something like $9 and even then I thought it was a steal.  And a lot more stuff has got added along the way.  They did bump up the price to $14 or something with the latest build, but that is still a great price in my opinion.

-budd-

if people are remotely interested, with the mission generator its a no brainer if anyone has any interest in the game style.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on October 25, 2013, 07:40:34 PM
if people are remotely interested, with the mission generator its a no brainer if anyone has any interest in the game style.

I am really hoping they implement multiple story buildings soon....that is one area that I think it could get better since most dwellings have multiple stories....would love to enter from the roof and repel down:)

-budd-

that would be good, i'd also like maybe cutting the power and breaching under dark conditions or posting snipers when multi story buildings get in or how about high rise breaches  or compounds.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: -budd- on October 25, 2013, 07:40:34 PM
if people are remotely interested, with the mission generator its a no brainer if anyone has any interest in the game style.

I picked it up a couple weeks ago but haven't fired it up yet (among others).  The upcoming mission generator feature definitely convinced me.

I've not been in too much of a hurry to play many of these Alpha or Beta early release games.  Don't wanna get burned on them too much in one go, before all the features are in.  Some are more playable than others, of course.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on October 26, 2013, 12:09:03 AM
Quote from: -budd- on October 25, 2013, 07:40:34 PM
if people are remotely interested, with the mission generator its a no brainer if anyone has any interest in the game style.

I picked it up a couple weeks ago but haven't fired it up yet (among others).  The upcoming mission generator feature definitely convinced me.

I've not been in too much of a hurry to play many of these Alpha or Beta early release games.  Don't wanna get burned on them too much in one go, before all the features are in.  Some are more playable than others, of course.

This one is very playable in my opinion, even without all the features built in yet...but I hear what your saying about sometimes getting burnt out.

-budd-

think i picked it up for $8 and it was playable from the get go and fun. Haven't played since alpha 3, it's one of those games you'll play in spurts not for days on end. I keep it installed and jump in when i want to play something for a change of pace. I'd do the early access thing again, but only if the game at least has enough features and gameplay so playing in alpha is fun and interesting, and this one did and unless they broke something its seems to keep getting better.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: -budd- on October 26, 2013, 09:23:53 AM
think i picked it up for $8 and it was playable from the get go and fun. Haven't played since alpha 3, it's one of those games you'll play in spurts not for days on end. I keep it installed and jump in when i want to play something for a change of pace. I'd do the early access thing again, but only if the game at least has enough features and gameplay so playing in alpha is fun and interesting, and this one did and unless they broke something its seems to keep getting better.

Yep, I haven't touched it since adding it to Steam whenever that occurred. There see to have been enough features added in that time that it might be worth a new look.

RooksBailey

#54
***Double post for some reason  ***

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

RooksBailey

How is this game progressing?  CSGO has put me in the mood for something more tactical.  I like Frozen Synapse, but I could go for something less sci-fi. 

I see it officially entered Beta back in April.  Is now a good time to get in on it, or should I wait for the official launch?


Edit: I was mistaken.  Not in beta yet.  From the dev:

Quote1. It's in Alpha. Next update will be Beta.
2. After Beta, we may or may not release a Beta2 update before the final release.
3. Until now, updates have been released ~1 month apart. Since Beta is a more important update it will take longer, but we hope to make it in under 2 months, so perhaps expect a release mid/end of June, if everything goes according to plan.

We don't know how long it will take us to get the game from Beta to Final, it could be 2 months, it could be 3...no way of telling right now, but it's definitely coming out in Q4 this year.

I think when it does goes into beta I might jump on this one.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

-budd-

Jump

this game has come so far and i was happy at alpha 5, so much has been added it's not even funny. These guys have lived up to expectations and deserve support. Watch some recent vids and if its your kinda thing........JUMP ;D
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RooksBailey

Quote from: -budd- on May 22, 2014, 10:53:12 PM
Jump

this game has come so far and i was happy at alpha 5, so much has been added it's not even funny. These guys have lived up to expectations and deserve support. Watch some recent vids and if its your kinda thing........JUMP ;D

Well, I have to say that vids like this certainly make it seem like fun:



Two questions:

1) It seems like the AI opposition doesn't stand a chance against your team.  Is it because people are only uploading perfect games?  Can the AI ever hope to win?

2) What are the mission and campaign generators like?
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

skeptical.platypus

This is a foshur purchase for me, only question is whether my will or steam's breaks first. Which means, yeah -- I'm prolly not gonna make it to a sale.

I wouldn't know enough about the game, let alone even known it existed, if weren't for grogposters. It almost makes up for the puns.

Almost.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Grim.Reaper

I bought in when it was first made available and even thought at that time it was well worth the money....has only gotten better with more features.  If you like this type of game, a no brainer in my opinion,