Aces High Online Flight Sim

Started by republic, March 24, 2013, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic

Does anyone play Aces High?  I played it years ago and keep thinking of coming back.

Tuna

I played Fighter Ace like 15 years ago.. was that before or after Aces High? Think it started on the old Microsoft Zone.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: republic on March 24, 2013, 05:18:43 PM
Does anyone play Aces High?  I played it years ago and keep thinking of coming back.

Don't know about Aces High, but WWII Online is still around and definately does air to air and air to ground right.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

republic

I picked up a 2 month code from Gamestop for $7 so I guess I'll give Aces High another chance during my holiday vacation.  :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

republic

World War I through World War II with different servers for different eras.

Slick Wilhelm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aces_High_2

I played AH from 2000-2006. It was a lot of fun, but I finally got burned out after 6 years.

The pilots that fly there are of generally high skills, so it's a tough challenge unless you have uber skills.

I actually installed it again this summer, but haven't got around to actually flying again yet.

Gusington

Starts in WWI eh? My skillz are below uber, however.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2013, 10:15:38 AM
Starts in WWI eh? My skillz are below uber, however.

It doesn't "start" in WWI, Gus. There is a separate WWI arena. There are actually multiple arenas, but most people fight in the "main arena".

You don't need uber skills to have fun. There are plenty of things to do in the game. You can fly fighters, fighter-bombers, light bombers, dive bomber, torpedo bomber, level bombers.

You can man guns on ships and PT boats. You can pilot PT boats. You can drive tanks, mobile flak guns and probably more vehicles since I left.

It's certainly worth trying it out. If you like to fly and fight, it's great fun.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Slick Wilhelm

I have no idea, really, since it was implemented after I had already stopped playing.

But the plane set is very limited in their WWI arena. It seems to me that they had planned to crank out a bunch of different WWI planes, but then changed their minds.

republic

Bad news...the coupon given to me by Gamestop didn't work.  I've sent emails to Gamestop and Aces High support....sigh.  Why is nothing ever easy for me?  I swear I'm Basil Fawlty...

Slick Wilhelm

magnus

" Just a kiss! Why couldn't you just give him a kiss"?

republic

I went with the Japanese/Norwegian imitation veal.  I got tired of waiting on Gamestop support so I called them.  They refunded my money, and later I got my reply from email support saying they couldn't do a refund.  lol 

So my lesson from today is always call phone support...its harder to say no to a customer when your talking to them rather than sending an email.

I also heard back from Hitech Creations, apparently those 2 month codes are only for European customers.  Hitech was going to work with me but I was so mad at Gamestop I decided to take the refund and just pay Hitech directly if I decide to renew.