Any interest in another Fantasy based Play by Post RPG?

Started by Double Deuce, March 29, 2013, 11:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 06, 2013, 05:26:45 PM
Toonces, think you can join us for this campaign?  I'm sure Raghnall could use a friend :)

Speaking of which, DD can you give us any more info on the game?  I know Raghnall is itching for adventure.   ;D

I have a story line sorta worked out but if the Pendragon game players want to merge with this one, retaining their current knight characters, but transplanted in Harn, I do have another plot in mind.  8) I guess we can go with the new story either way though. I will need to update your current chracter sheet with your extra "options" and then I'll add in some more detailed background information  that was rolled up so you can work it into the character.   

TheCommandTent

Whatever works for you.  You are the one doing all the work :)

On a side note I am really enjoying reading and learning about the Harn setting.  Lots good stuff there and I can see how many different ways you can approach a campaign in the Harn setting.  I am generally a low magic type of fantasy fan so Harn is exactly what I like.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Double Deuce

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 07, 2013, 06:34:41 AM

So Raghnall being not only adopted but a bastard too is cool then? Its not me, its the story . . .  8)

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Double Deuce on April 07, 2013, 10:16:21 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 07, 2013, 06:34:41 AM

So Raghnall being not only adopted but a bastard too is cool then? Its not me, its the story . . .  8)

haha, touche
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Double Deuce

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 04, 2013, 06:35:22 PMUse one of the points to open the swimming skill.  Then use the other 4 to add to awareness, survival, bow, and initiative.

OK, I have added these and now I need you to pick 2 Combat Skills to bump, or open up for the time spent in the 'Militia'. The COMBAT Skills are;

INITIATIVE
UNARMED
Riding
Axe
Blowgun
Bow
Club
Dagger
Flail
Net
Polearm
Shield
Sling
Spear
Sword
Falchion
Whip

Double Deuce

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 06, 2013, 05:26:45 PMSpeaking of which, DD can you give us any more info on the game?  I know Raghnall is itching for adventure.   ;D

When we are about ready to start I will open a new thread and post the basic opening there but basically . .

You live in the village of Pjagel in northwestern Orbaal with your adopted father (Ivinian) and his family. You are also his bastard child from an interlude with a local married Jarin woman conceived in his early youth in another part of Orbaal during an Ivinian "plundering" expedition during the Jarin Rebellion. Since the Jarin (Harn's indigenous population, think Celtic Britons in Dark Age England) consider the Ivinians (Vikings) invader/occupiers this type of "situation"does not usually sit well with them, or Ivinians either for that matter. Later upon finding out the truth of your origins, (Jarin's don't have blond hair  8) ) your obviously upset mother's husband attempted to revenge kill her and the child (you). Although mortally wounded she managed to make it to a nearby Peoni chapel (they are rare in Orbaal) and in her final moments confess her sins to the the local priest. The other Jarin villagers, not knowing the whole story and thinking your father now possessed by demons killed him shortly after his attack on your mother.

For your own safety and because your father does not consider the Jarin as mere savages to be lorded over as lesser men, unlike many Ivinians, this Priest, sought out and managed to convince your real father (living as a Farmer in Pjagel) and his new wife (also an Ivinian) to raise and care for you as their own. They later had 4 children of their own of which you are the eldest. At this point only 3 people knew your history, your father, adopted mother and the Priest and since you are Blond and stand about  6'-1", which are NOT Jarin qualities, no one has reason to question the story of your 'birth'. Recently though, rumors have surfaced about your real heritage and people on both sides (Ivinian and Jarin) are beginning to grow suspicious, changing how they interact with you, some more than others.

More to follow . . .

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Double Deuce on April 09, 2013, 12:28:44 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 04, 2013, 06:35:22 PMUse one of the points to open the swimming skill.  Then use the other 4 to add to awareness, survival, bow, and initiative.

OK, I have added these and now I need you to pick 2 Combat Skills to bump, or open up for the time spent in the 'Militia'. The COMBAT Skills are;

INITIATIVE
UNARMED
Riding
Axe
Blowgun
Bow
Club
Dagger
Flail
Net
Polearm
Shield
Sling
Spear
Sword
Falchion
Whip

Bump Initiative and Bow skills one each please.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Double Deuce on April 09, 2013, 01:59:43 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 06, 2013, 05:26:45 PMSpeaking of which, DD can you give us any more info on the game?  I know Raghnall is itching for adventure.   ;D

When we are about ready to start I will open a new thread and post the basic opening there but basically . .

You live in the village of Pjagel in northwestern Orbaal with your adopted father (Ivinian) and his family. You are also his bastard child from an interlude with a local married Jarin woman conceived in his early youth in another part of Orbaal during an Ivinian "plundering" expedition during the Jarin Rebellion. Since the Jarin (Harn's indigenous population, think Celtic Britons in Dark Age England) consider the Ivinians (Vikings) invader/occupiers this type of "situation"does not usually sit well with them, or Ivinians either for that matter. Later upon finding out the truth of your origins, (Jarin's don't have blond hair  8) ) your obviously upset mother's husband attempted to revenge kill her and the child (you). Although mortally wounded she managed to make it to a nearby Peoni chapel (they are rare in Orbaal) and in her final moments confess her sins to the the local priest. The other Jarin villagers, not knowing the whole story and thinking your father now possessed by demons killed him shortly after his attack on your mother.

For your own safety and because your father does not consider the Jarin as mere savages to be lorded over as lesser men, unlike many Ivinians, this Priest, sought out and managed to convince your real father (living as a Farmer in Pjagel) and his new wife (also an Ivinian) to raise and care for you as their own. They later had 4 children of their own of which you are the eldest. At this point only 3 people new your history, your father, adopted mother and the Priest and since you are Blond and stand about  6'-1" which are NOT Jarin qualities no one has reason to question the story of your 'birth'. Recently though, rumors have surfaced about your real heritage and people on both sides (Ivinian and Jarin) are beginning to grow suspicious, changing how they interact with you, some more than others.

More to follow . . .

What could possibly go wrong.  :)

Double Deuce

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 09, 2013, 06:13:45 PMBump Initiative and Bow skills one each please.

Done. I'll update your character sheet with this and we should be ready to go.

Next thing is, how to keep everything organized without having a crapload of threads.  ::) I'm thinking maybe update my signature and link to stuff on my website where you can easily pull up information like the character creation data, price lists, full character sheets, etc.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Double Deuce on April 10, 2013, 02:17:03 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 09, 2013, 06:13:45 PMBump Initiative and Bow skills one each please.

Done. I'll update your character sheet with this and we should be ready to go.

Next thing is, how to keep everything organized without having a crapload of threads.  ::) I'm thinking maybe update my signature and link to stuff on my website where you can easily pull up information like the character creation data, price lists, full character sheets, etc.

Excellent!

The signature idea sounds good, especially for stuff that won't be changing and is just for reference.  Other than that I don't think opening up to many threads will be a problem.  It just seems to be just you and me in the RPG section of the forums so I think we have the run of the place.   ;D

Double Deuce

Trying to put together a method for tracking this information, should have something by the end of the weekend.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Double Deuce on April 12, 2013, 03:52:55 PM
Trying to put together a method for tracking this information, should have something by the end of the weekend.

Sounds good, I'll be here. :)

Double Deuce

Sorry for the delay. We were supposed to close on our new house last Friday and I thought I'd have everything moved and out of boxes to pick this up as the weekend ended. Closing is on hold till end of the month now so I will pull the notes out and get back on track.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Double Deuce on April 18, 2013, 04:10:38 PM
Sorry for the delay. We were supposed to close on our new house last Friday and I thought I'd have everything moved and out of boxes to pick this up as the weekend ended. Closing is on hold till end of the month now so I will pull the notes out and get back on track.

Thanks for the update.

Double Deuce

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 18, 2013, 04:52:18 PM
Thanks for the update.

Can you check the link in my signature. Trying to set up a repository that will make it easier for people to access information.