Main Menu

Frozen Synapse

Started by RooksBailey, March 04, 2012, 01:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

you forgot to tell them about the game before when i ran the hostages out the wrong exit zone :idiot2:   thought that was too easy.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

#31
Rooks i started 2 games, both dark. One secure, one disputed. one uses the shield guy.  You have the Red DLC?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Arctic Blast

Oooo! Oooo! Feel free to toss me a challenge. I'm Eanerus. I'm also a great way to pad your stats, as my horrific W-L record will attest to.

-budd-

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 29, 2014, 08:58:31 PM
Oooo! Oooo! Feel free to toss me a challenge. I'm Eanerus. I'm also a great way to pad your stats, as my horrific W-L record will attest to.

challenge sent  8)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RooksBailey

Quote from: -budd- on June 29, 2014, 08:40:43 PM
Rooks i started 2 games, both dark. One secure, one disputed. one uses the shield guy.  You have the Red DLC?

Just got 'em.  Yeah, I have the Red DLC.  Never tried the shield guy before, though.  This should be interesting.   :)

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 29, 2014, 08:58:31 PM
Oooo! Oooo! Feel free to toss me a challenge. I'm Eanerus. I'm also a great way to pad your stats, as my horrific W-L record will attest to.

Challenge on the way!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Arctic Blast

Won...and won...?! What is this madness?

Oh, and then I lost to Rooks ON THE FIRST TURN. Normalcy is restored.  :2funny:

Barthheart

Challenge sent AB.

Here's a video from a match just finished with Yskonyn:



And one from a year ago with Huw:



I don't think you need to worry about being the worst AB....  :buck2:

RooksBailey

All you guys have proven far more of a challenge to me than the general FS player.  I usually have very little problem with random matches, but you guys are making me sweat blood in every match!  8)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Yskonyn

Damn guys! Save for one match (I think against you Barth) where one of my machine guys got lucky, you guys are absolutely slaughtering me!  :smitten:

I still have some trouble with the odd order that doesn't work the way I intended, like a dude walking backwards after having shot, right into the next enemy where he was supposed to aim in that direction... :P But we're learning as we go.
I have also found that you can drag orders to make them go active 'along the route' instead of 'at a waypoint', which helps.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

RooksBailey

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 30, 2014, 12:56:25 PM
Damn guys! Save for one match (I think against you Barth) where one of my machine guys got lucky, you guys are absolutely slaughtering me!  :smitten:

I still have some trouble with the odd order that doesn't work the way I intended, like a dude walking backwards after having shot, right into the next enemy where he was supposed to aim in that direction... :P But we're learning as we go.
I have also found that you can drag orders to make them go active 'along the route' instead of 'at a waypoint', which helps.

There is a surprising amount of depth to the orders system.  I never tried what you wrote above...but now I have too!  :)  I've also been using the "check" feature  lately.  It is a nice feature where you can tell your vatform to briefly turn in a direction, such as checking his rear, or just looking in a room on the way past, without adjusting his aim.  Mode 7 really did a good job with this game.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Barthheart

Yeah, I just discovered the "check" command as well.... it must be new from the last time I played... about a year ago.

More FS vid goodness....  O0


Huw the Poo

Quote from: RooksBailey on June 30, 2014, 12:41:25 PM
All you guys have proven far more of a challenge to me than the general FS player.  I usually have very little problem with random matches, but you guys are making me sweat blood in every match!  8)

Yeah same here.  I'm feeling like every match is very close and could go either way.  I'm enjoying this. :)

By the way, sorry I can't be online as much as you guys.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Barthheart on June 30, 2014, 02:10:26 PM
Yeah, I just discovered the "check" command as well.... it must be new from the last time I played... about a year ago.

More FS vid goodness....  O0



A perfect game, Barth!  Nicely done.  Everything went wrong for me!  LOL!  :))
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Barthheart

Yeah, the second kill was cheesy as there was a tiny gap between two rooms.

Next game should be interesting too...

I don't think I've played as much FS since I bought the game as I have in the last few days. Thanks all for rekindling my enjoyment of the game.
:)

-budd-

i need to pay more attention, i keep getting my ass handed to me. I'm learning........ slowly.........and i'm coming for you ALL :knuppel2:

Now time to go see what disaster i've gotten myself into again.........keep the games coming i'm enjoying it.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.