Main Menu

Frozen Synapse

Started by RooksBailey, March 04, 2012, 01:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arctic Blast

There's a check command?!  :o

Budd, methinks you're about to kick my ass in our match. I got WAAYYYY overaggressive and ran my rifleman right into your grenades.  :uglystupid2:

Huw the Poo

Just won a close match with Barthheart...couldn't find his last gunner for ages, then I took a gamble and got my gunner and rocket launcher to start covering a different section of the map, and that's precisely where he was.

It gets very tense when the last time you saw your enemy was 10s ago! :)

Barthheart

Yeah that was a great game. My gunner was skirting around the edge as you were firing up into the far corner.... then suddenly you were looking out a window at me! BLAM!  O0


Huw the Poo

Quote from: Barthheart on July 01, 2014, 06:04:08 AM
Yeah that was a great game. My gunner was skirting around the edge as you were firing up into the far corner.... then suddenly you were looking out a window at me! BLAM!  O0



Hehe!  I'd been concentrating on the spot where I last saw you for about three turns, then the old sixth sense kicked in and I suspected you must have been creeping around somewhere.  Lucky I didn't wait another turn!

Is anyone here called ImBatman69 by any chance?

undercovergeek


-budd-

Quote from: Arctic Blast on July 01, 2014, 12:05:40 AM
There's a check command?!  :o

Budd, methinks you're about to kick my ass in our match. I got WAAYYYY overaggressive and ran my rifleman right into your grenades.  :uglystupid2:

god i hope so, i keep getting cute with the orders and am getting waxed. Rooks sorry about those pathetic bid games, first i didnt notice the setup zones and then i bit off more than i could chew :idiot2:  grabbing the squares games are interesting but looks like im dropping that one to. Wonder if beer will improve my play O0 come holiday weekend.

P.S.   wont get to my turns until tonight,
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RooksBailey

#51
I am confused about the Disputed game mode.  What happens if nobody gets three red squares?  Does it then become a game of elimination?  I just lost this game and I am not sure why:



I figured since there were no more boxes available, it was time to run for the border.  I guess not.  Looks like I just conceded defeat by withdrawing my sniper.  :) I guess we were supposed to fight it out to the last man standing?

Well, at least my sniper got out alive.  He was only two days from retirement.... C:-)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Barthheart

Yeah I think it just becomes a elimination game after that. I was worried about how I was going to get that sniper too!  :knuppel2:

Barthheart

Sorry for the delay guys, got sent out of town fer work. Will try to do tonight...

-budd-

Finally got a win. That was nice of you to run into my grenades ;D  Here's the game
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Barthheart

Rooks.... not sure about this stye of game we're playing.... I see a standoff coming.... ???

Arctic Blast

LOL. Truly I am the master at sending my men bravely into the teeth of a grenade assault.  :D

I had no idea where your guys were camped out in that structure, budd.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Barthheart on July 03, 2014, 09:17:58 AM
Rooks.... not sure about this stye of game we're playing.... I see a standoff coming.... ???

Yeah, I have only tried this mode twice before.  I like it though because it is similar to the SP campaign where you often have to kill the enemy hacker.  Same idea here.

This does look standoff-ish what with all the shield guys, but I think I might have found a Hail Mary play.   ;)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Barthheart

Quote from: RooksBailey on July 03, 2014, 07:48:20 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 03, 2014, 09:17:58 AM
Rooks.... not sure about this stye of game we're playing.... I see a standoff coming.... ???

Yeah, I have only tried this mode twice before.  I like it though because it is similar to the SP campaign where you often have to kill the enemy hacker.  Same idea here.

This does look standoff-ish what with all the shield guys, but I think I might have found a Hail Mary play.   ;)

ACK!

***runs off to look for secret play***

Barthheart

DOH! I didn't realize that the hackers walls were low ones.....  :buck2:

Good move, Rooks.
O0