Breathalyzer Tests

Started by Smuckatelli, March 05, 2012, 03:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smuckatelli

We have to watch an 'All Hands' that is being broadcast from the USS Bataan......

Sec Mabus has just announced command level breathalyzer testing when assuming duty in the morning.

Another push on sexual assault training.

He has only been talking for 10 minutes so far.

All off duty alcohol incidents will be reviewed before someone can be promoted.

Motorcycle safety....

Now he is talking about physical fitness...No more waivers, wieght lifters aren't gunna be happy.

Uh oh....he's talking about smokers......

No more discounts on smoking products at the PX....

A new position has been formed "Diversity Officer"...

Smuckatelli

Marines are going to have female SNCO (SSgt & above) & Officers (Capt & above) at the battalion level in the combat arms fields....in 6 months....

son_of_montfort

I can't tell if this is stream of consciousness or if you NEED one of those breathalyzer tests...  ;)

Is this the equivalent of Smuck in a meeting Tweeting?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 05, 2012, 04:09:17 PM
I can't tell if this is stream of consciousness or if you NEED one of those breathalyzer tests...  ;)

No, it sounds like a idiot has just been promoted and Smuck is in need of us buying him a drink.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Quote from: Smuckatelli on March 05, 2012, 03:43:44 PM
Marines are going to have female SNCO (SSgt & above) & Officers (Capt & above) at the battalion level in the combat arms fields....in 6 months....
Oh, this is going to end well.  I can just feel it. 

Quote from: LongBlade on March 05, 2012, 05:10:59 PM

No, it sounds like a idiot has just been promoted and Smuck is in need of us buying him a drink.
I'd say several drinks, actually! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Smuckatelli

Yes, it was the equivalent of a tweet....

The expansion of the sexual harrassment instruction and the new 'Diversity Officer' billet is probably the result of the Sergeant that was dry humping his boyfriend while in uniform when he returned from deployment.

The other 'new' rules are probably designed to thin the herd.

The females in Infantry Battalions......I'm not sure about that. I don't see them humping for 26 miles with 80 pound packs in eight hours.....

Windigo

Quote from: Smuckatelli on March 05, 2012, 06:16:59 PM

The expansion of the sexual harrassment instruction and the new 'Diversity Officer' billet is probably the result of the Sergeant that was dry humping his boyfriend while in uniform when he returned from deployment.

The females in Infantry Battalions......I'm not sure about that. I don't see them humping for 26 miles with 80 pound packs in eight hours.....

Ewwwww on the dry humping.... thats a lack of couth

Thinning the herd is usually good if the forces of selection are designed to improve overall unit capability

I know a few lesbians who could lay the smack down on a typical serviceman .... ( insert someone's name here and infer that they are one of them by saying "They are not one of them."**)

** I wanted to say LB, but hell he had snow and his back is probably sore
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Windigo on March 05, 2012, 08:47:53 PM
Ewwwww on the dry humping.... thats a lack of couth

Going on a hump is grunt speak for a force march.  ;)

Smuckatelli

Thinning the herd is usually good if the forces of selection are designed to improve overall unit capability

It should be a good thing but we have never 'thinned' easily. The last time was in 91-93, we lost a lot of good people and kept some dead weight. Same thing happened after the Vietnam War & WW II.

LongBlade

IMHO anyone who can hump 26 miles with 80 pounds on their back and can do so consistently is good to go.  If they can't, well, that's that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

Are you talking about the now famous and "historic" gay marine kissing pic guy?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Windigo

Quote from: Smuckatelli on March 05, 2012, 08:54:37 PM

It should be a good thing but we have never 'thinned' easily. The last time was in 91-93, we lost a lot of good people and kept some dead weight. Same thing happened after the Vietnam War & WW II.

intelligent thinning is never easy for any organization.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Smuckatelli

Okay...so here is the non Smuck-tweet bullets:

The highlights:

• Mandatory Breathalyzer tests for duty sections, and random tests for others, beginning this year.

"We're not telling you not to drink, if you're old enough," Mabus said. "We are telling you that it's important to keep legal, responsible use of alcohol from turning into a problem. ... Sailors who drink excessively or too late the night before and report to duty can place themselves, their shipmates and equipment at risk."

Mabus said the tests will not be used for punitive purposes but to identify sailors in need of training, counseling or treatment.

• Beefed-up sexual assault prevention training, including three 90-minute sessions for every sailor during their "A" school training.

"A sexual assault is an attack on a sailor or Marine, and none of their shipmates should tolerate such an attack," Mabus said. "All allegations will be thoroughly investigated and, where appropriate, prosecuted."

• More mandatory training for motorcycle riders, and a zero-tolerance stance on drinking and driving. To ensure that officers "set the example of zero tolerance for drinking and driving," Mabus said the Navy is establishing a formal policy that requires "any alcohol-related incident to be properly reviewed prior to an officer's promotion."

• Moving from a culture of testing to a culture of physical fitness in an effort to promote year-round fitness, even on smaller ships at sea, and avoiding "cramming" for semi-annual fitness tests.

"Fuel to Fight" will introduce more healthy food options to sailors' diets. And the Navy will take additional steps toward being smoke-free with a new educational campaign, free smoking cessation products or services afloat and ashore to anyone who wants to quit, and, beginning between now and Sept. 30, the end of discounts on smoking products in Navy exchanges and ship's stores.

• Establishment of a new Department of the Navy Diversity Officer.

"We are better warfighters when we have a diversity of ideas, experiences, expertise and backgrounds to fulfill our variety of missions," Mabus said.

In particular, he said he wants to improve the Navy and Marine Corps as places "where more women want to stay and make a career and move on to the top ranks of our officers and our NCOs."

• To that end, Mabus announced a remarkable initiative: a 12-month operational deferment for uniformed mothers following the birth of a child. The Navy is also introducing a "career intermission program," now in pilot form, that will allow men or women to leave and return to the services after up to three years, without penalty, after taking time off to raise a child or a relative. Service members will be allowed to retain their military health care and exchange and commissary shopping privileges and restart their careers "at exactly the point" where they left off.

Certain shore commands will allow for flexible work hours and "tele-work" for up to two days a week," Mabus said.

• A web-based credentialing program that will allow sailors to earn civilian certifications and licenses that correspond to their Navy ratings, collateral duties and out-of-rating assignments.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/03/navy-wellness-initiative-test-alcohol-drugs-030512/

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on March 05, 2012, 05:10:59 PM

I would gladly buy Smuck a drink to help him handle the babbling of said idiot & help him to ease into the politically correct 21st century, but he'll need to travel to Nova Scotia to get it!!  :P
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

You'll get used to it.  Heck, when I was a 2Lt (back in 1999) I actually did a stint as a UHRA (Unit Human Rights Advisor), as I was a Registered Social Worker on civvy street.  I almost got tossed out of the training because, at one point, I was laughing so hard (with tears streaming down my face) that I almost fell out of my chair.  Then I got into a verbal donnybrook with a gay army Captain instructor.  Ah, good times.  It all works out in the end.

Don't worry, they'll reduce the standards for females in order for them to measure-up!  ::)
Any time is a good time for pie.