More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

What I would really love is if one of the experts who play this series could do a detailed walk thru or AAR of it since I always get confused on how to setup and play this game.  I know there is a good game lurking in here, but I think someone needs to help get it out of its shell:)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 12, 2013, 04:39:20 AM
What I would really love is if one of the experts who play this series could do a detailed walk thru or AAR of it since I always get confused on how to setup and play this game.  I know there is a good game lurking in here, but I think someone needs to help get it out of its shell:)

SDR is your man.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

Ha!   

I'm pretty much the General Burnside of this game.  Most of the time, I have only a nebulous idea of what I'm doing.  (I still don't really know what the difference is between the attack command vs the assault command.). The rest of the time i have no idea.  I just click buttons, fling my troops around and watch the fireworks.  I still don't fully understand how repair/resupply works so I end up losing most campaigns in the final stages because I have no more bullets.

Just play around with it and you'll pick it up. 

Zulu1966

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 12, 2013, 10:01:09 AM
Ha!   

I'm pretty much the General Burnside of this game.  Most of the time, I have only a nebulous idea of what I'm doing.  (I still don't really know what the difference is between the attack command vs the assault command.). The rest of the time i have no idea.  I just click buttons, fling my troops around and watch the fireworks.  I still don't fully understand how repair/resupply works so I end up losing most campaigns in the final stages because I have no more bullets.

Just play around with it and you'll pick it up.

Pretty much my experience with the game. Looks nice plays well - but most of the time I have absolutely no idea what I am doing.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Tuna

But the main/most important thing is.. are you having fun!! ;D

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  Been playing the hell out of it and enjoying it a lot.  Each time I learn something new.

Last night it was that the Mujahideen are really, really annoying and good at nighttime infiltration attacks.  Little buggers managed to slip about a company of infantry in close and knock out a bunch of my tanks with AT grenades, RPGs, and a recoilless rifle.

Dolan50

QuoteI still don't really know what the difference is between the attack command vs the assault command

With the attack command your troops will usually form up online and walk to the area you choose to attack.

The assault command they usually form up in a dense 2-3 line formation and run at the area you want assaulted and engage in close combat.

Each command also gives a different level of fatigue depending on how long they are performing this command.

I generally use the defense command to attack an enemy position because they seem to fire and maneuver on to the objective more effectively,but this is only my own opinion.I'm not sure if it really is more effective but it looks that way to me when I'm watching the action.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Graviteam Tactics Shield of the Prophet gameplay video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA3SJRgwlnc
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

jomni

Lol using the defense command to attack.  But it make sense though.  Move to contact,  shoot st targets until they are weakened.   Avoid direct attack / assault.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 12, 2013, 10:01:09 AM
I still don't fully understand how repair/resupply works so I end up losing most campaigns in the final stages because I have no more bullets.



I believe you gotta leave your unit to be repaired within the strat map range circle of the Repair unit (2 squares?) in the rear and keep them in some kind of passive stance for awhile (with no combat action of course).  At least, that's the extent of my knowledge.


And for those of you getting into the newer cold war era DLC.. you should also check out their other title Steel Armor: Blaze Of War.  They've obviously moved many of the cold war assets over from that one, into the new DLCs for APOS.  It's the same strategy game as Op Star, but you can also go down one more extra layer and jump into a tank platoon sim with M-60s and T-62s.  :D 

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/steel-armor-blaze-of-war

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Nefaro on May 13, 2013, 11:26:35 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 12, 2013, 10:01:09 AM
I still don't fully understand how repair/resupply works so I end up losing most campaigns in the final stages because I have no more bullets.



I believe you gotta leave your unit to be repaired within the strat map range circle of the Repair unit (2 squares?) in the rear and keep them in some kind of passive stance for awhile (with no combat action of course).  At least, that's the extent of my knowledge.


Yeah, I've got that far but I don't know if it's possible to select which units you want to prioritize for repair/resupply.  I think one repair unit can fix only one vehicle per turn and my mechanics always seem to ignore my MBTs and fix my crappy little scout cars instead.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 13, 2013, 11:52:17 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 13, 2013, 11:26:35 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 12, 2013, 10:01:09 AM
I still don't fully understand how repair/resupply works so I end up losing most campaigns in the final stages because I have no more bullets.



I believe you gotta leave your unit to be repaired within the strat map range circle of the Repair unit (2 squares?) in the rear and keep them in some kind of passive stance for awhile (with no combat action of course).  At least, that's the extent of my knowledge.


Yeah, I've got that far but I don't know if it's possible to select which units you want to prioritize for repair/resupply.  I think one repair unit can fix only one vehicle per turn and my mechanics always seem to ignore my MBTs and fix my crappy little scout cars instead.

It may default to fixing the ones that take the last amount of time.  :-\

Dolan50

#72


Some pics of a Quick Battle I played tonight as a what if Chechen War 1985 on the Taranovka map using the new modern Soviet Army and Mujihadeen forces from the Shield of the Prophet DLC.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".