More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dolan50

QuoteWhat's your build number and version? Mine says 2170 , mar 13 c2 patch
Mine is the same.

I'm not a big fan either of the desert map and bought the Shield of the Prophet DLC to use the new modern forces on the other maps.

I'm having a lot of fun using the Cubans from Hooper-they have larger mech infantry platoons and their uniforms blend with the snow better,and the modern Russians from Shield for quick battles against the Mujihadeen forces.
Kind of a Chechen war type setting on the Taranovka,Sokolovo,Krasnaya Polyana and Rakitnoe maps.

The battles are very intense and look like a 4th of July fire works display in winter.
WW2 is still my favorite era to wargame but I'm having lots of cool battles with the modern stuff too.
Have no idea when the Mius Front game will be released but this is a nice change of pace till that game is released.

The next DLC is in the mountains and looks much better for use in quick battles as an Afghan vs Soviets in Afghanistan type of conflict eventhough the DLC will be about a Sino Soviet border clash in 1969.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Gusington

OK - if I follow the patching instructions above, I should not have any issues installing APOS and then the Shield of the Prophet DLC this far along after release, right?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dolan50

Mius looks very good,or at least the map does.
Not sure exactly what part of the Mius campaign is being represented by the game,but I am sure there will be some Russian bias involved.

I get the impression it will mainly be a German defensive/Russian assault campaign and I think the local counterattack by the 23rd panzer division and 16th panzer grenadier division will be in the game.Don't quote me on this!

From what I understand the campaign will take place in July 1943,so that would count out the German counter attack in August by two SS divisions(DR&TK) that eventually stabilized the Mius front area and pushed the Soviets back across the river.

I don't think I've ever been satisfied with any of the campaigns for this game though.
Which is why I mainly use the game for quick battles.

I think the counterattack by the two SS divisions in Aug. would make a better campaign for the game or at least a nice and interesting addition. Since they pretty much finished the job the 23rd PD and 16th PGD started and it took place in the same area.

I like the look of the new map and the Russians are getting some nice new equipment,but the Germans are getting crap for the Mius game.Can't say I'm too happy with that.

Andrey mentioned a DLC about a Panther tank,which He said they are producing somewhat at my request.But I think after I gave him so much grief over the Zhalanashkol 1969 DLC He probably shelved it out of spite.

The Voronezh(Shilovo) in July 1942 DLC looks pretty good though and I like the look and feel of that one.This DLC also features the 23rd PD.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on July 05, 2013, 09:27:56 PM
OK - if I follow the patching instructions above, I should not have any issues installing APOS and then the Shield of the Prophet DLC this far along after release, right?

I had trouble but Jarhead squared me away. I would PM him if you have an issue.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dolan50

#124
Also,

It seems Nomonhan 1939 has been pulled out of mothballs and may be released soon.

Nomonhan is a Russian vs Japanese battle that took place in Mongolia in 1939.

Can't say I'm very interested in this one either,but is has early WW2 type Russian tanks that I can add to my Quick Battle menu to use for the initial German invasion of Russia battles.So I'll most likely purchase it.

Graviteam was working on a Sinyavino battle about a campaign that took place near Leningrad in the Summer of 42 and even showed some video footage of it last year,but haven't heard anything else about this DLC except that they were having map issues with that one.

I hope they iron the map issues out because I'm interested in that one also.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

jomni

Any Iran-Iraq in the works? They already have the stuff in Steel Armor.
Or maybe Indo-Pak?

Dolan50

Never heard Andrey mention anything about those two wars.
Those two subjects have been brought up a few times in the Graviteam forums,but there hasn't been any response about them from Andrey.

He did mention two more modern DLCs were in the works,but the only thing I've ever heard him mention was maybe the Chaco war and a revisit to Angola:pre-Hooper.

Pretty much dashed any hopes I had about Graviteams move into the more modern era being anything more than novelty items and 3rd world little brush wars.
The Chaco war isn't even modern,it's pre WW2!
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Just asked Andrey.

He said Shilovo 1942-Assault by the 23rd PD south of Voronezh in July 1942 is next DLC to be released.
Graviteam isn't working on any modern DLCs till after they release their next two projects.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

SgtRock

What's the reason they won't do West Front WWII or Russia vs Nato battles?

mikeck

Developer says he just doesn't want to.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

I guess it is because they are Ukrainian and they really love to cover WW2 battles in Ukraine.

Dolan50

Shilovo isn't in the Ukraine,it's near Voronezh.Close to the Ukraine though.
I think the reason they don't like to stray to far from the Ukraine for this game is that most the deformable buildings and terrain types already created for this game are based on what's in the Ukraine.

Otherwise they would have to start creating different buildings and trees ,bushes etc...,and Andrey says it's expensive and time consuming.

If Graviteam wanted to do only battles in the Ukraine that wouldn't bother me,their Ukraine maps are the best ones and there are lots of battles to choose from for that region during WW2.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

mikeck

Well they certainly strayed from Ww2 Ukraine when they did Operation Hooper and Shield of the prophet!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dolan50

Basically everything you see in those two DLCs were stripped from SABOW.
Terrain models,vehicles,buildings etc...
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".