Looking for a trade/ship oriented (war)game 1600 - 1750 era.

Started by Yskonyn, May 01, 2013, 01:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I didn't even know Age of Pirates 2 existed, and now I may get it. I'll send the receipt to Yskonyn :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think the dev went bankrupt so it may be hard to find now.  I bought my copy through Gamersgate but it looks like only the UK site still has it for sale now.
It's not on Steam, GameFly, Greeman, Desura, GOG, or Greenman though. 

JasonPratt

It certainly isn't on US Gamersgate. (I didn't even know there were world-region distinctions. All the games I buy seem to have their original European titles when they arrive, not the US titles I bought them under.)

Does it have an alternate title perhaps? Age of Pirates 2 I mean.

Note: Amazon (US) has new and used copies, including a (purportedly) new copy for just under $9, although the more official resellers are asking a bit under $14 (plus shipping).


Edited to add: the most updated version of Gentlemen of Fortune appears to be here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-fortune/downloads/gentelmen-of-fortune-v12-full-release

Then also the latest (and only) patch for v1.2 of GoF: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-fortune/downloads/gof-12-full-release-patch

So the install order is AgeofPirates2, Gof1.2, Gof1.2patch
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!


Nefaro

Age of Pirates 2 was on Gamersgate's US site as of about 2 years ago. 

I remember because I put it on my discount notification list at the time.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yes, it was.  I bought my copy there.  It's still in my games list and the download link still works. (Checked today.)   I hadn't realized earlier that it was so hard to come by now or I wouldn't have posted about it.


Staggerwing

One less available on Amazon now than before... ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

If you have John Tiller's Battleground Napoleonic Wars, you can install Age of Sails too.

Yskonyn

The UK Gamersgate link does indeed point towards the gamepage, but it's not available there anymore either.
Eventhough it lists for 20 pounds, there is no BUY button to be found, just a tickbox showing "Alert me on release".

So this title is going to be darn hard to find... To bad as I was interested in getting it. Especially for a low price.
It's not on Steam either.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Staggerwing

If you can proxy buy through amazon US then there are still some copies of Age of Pirates 2 available.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AK6U8E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe SDR could give us a runthrough on how to set that proxy thing up.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't think it'll work if you're trying to ship to a non US address but you can give it a shot. 

The program is called TunnerBear.  Just install it, run it and use the proxy selector to choose what country you wish to appear to be in.

http://www.tunnelbear.com/

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on May 01, 2013, 10:40:47 AM
Is there a complete version oc Port Royale 3 available somewhere with all the DLC?
I think Gamersgate were selling it as a Gold bundle, also Patrician 4 a couple of weeks ago. I didn't bother with Patrician 4, since I have Patrician 3 and I couldn't see that many new features other than 3-d as a motivator to buy it. If I'm wrong someone correct me, as I really like Patrician 3.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Yskonyn

The UK/EU branch of Gamersgate only seems to have the expansions for PR3.
Their description mentions you need to have the base game and it links to its catalogue page on Gamersgate, but like Age of Pirates 2 it seems to be unavailable to buy... :S

Steam has it as well, but at full price.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

PR3.

They go on sale every once in a while; wait a few weeks. (Or look up PR3 on Amazon, see if you can find a cheap indie seller.)

My nieces are jusssst finally getting old enough to make playing computer games with them feasible (or one of them is anyway, and she's studying history and foreign countries), so I've been stocking up on relatively non-violent historical games. Thus I picked up PR3 and Pat4 during their most recent sale, since for her graphics will have to look interesting.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!