Main Menu

X3 Opinions

Started by Bison, May 16, 2013, 01:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Well my first game lasted all of 18 minutes.  I lost by my ship being destroyed attempting to dock.  So very uncool...:(

I must say that the music is hypnotically relaxing.

Bison

Second game underway.  It wants me to shoot and destroy a box, which sounds pretty sweet if I only had a weapon system on my craft.  LOL.  I'll hope for some help here before I begin flying again tomorrow evening.

Jarhead0331

Sounds like you started a campaign with a steep difficulty curve. I'd try a different one.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on May 16, 2013, 11:23:01 PM

Agreed.  The music sets a great mood for the game.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on May 16, 2013, 11:54:11 PM
Second game underway.  It wants me to shoot and destroy a box, which sounds pretty sweet if I only had a weapon system on my craft.  LOL.  I'll hope for some help here before I begin flying again tomorrow evening.

Unfortunatly you can't expect to just jump in and be on your way you'll have to do some reading and learning.  I haven't played in a long time so I am I just going to have to post some links that will hopefully help.  Also I think you could autopilot dock at stations so you don't crash :)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?26985-Beginners-Instructions-for-X3-Terran-Conflict

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=162408

Egsoft's forum is where you will find tons of help for the game.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

I started the humble merchant campaign on the second try.  It sounded like the easiest one.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Bison on May 17, 2013, 07:55:07 AM
I started the humble merchant campaign on the second try.  It sounded like the easiest one.

Don't the tutorial instructions in that one guide you through the process of docking and buying a weapon for your ship?  Its been so long since I tried it, bu that is what I seem to recall.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Bison

Yeah I just finished the tutorial to dock which I finally figured out, but the next part of the tutorial the guy ejects a couple of boxes and asks you to shoot them.  However the merchant starting craft doesn't have any sort of weapon system as far as I can tell.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Bison on May 17, 2013, 08:35:37 AM
Yeah I just finished the tutorial to dock which I finally figured out, but the next part of the tutorial the guy ejects a couple of boxes and asks you to shoot them.  However the merchant starting craft doesn't have any sort of weapon system as far as I can tell.

I thought the tutorial tells you to buy a weapon while you're docked and then tells you how to install it onto your vessel.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Bison

I might have missed that part.  I'll replay it again this evening.  Thanks.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on May 16, 2013, 11:23:01 PM
Well my first game lasted all of 18 minutes.  I lost by my ship being destroyed attempting to dock.  So very uncool...:(

I love the sonorous and sultry voice of the computer lady.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

eyebiter

Dock your primary ship at a station every half hour to auto save.

Once you get explorer software collect objects in sector command allows you to pick up missiles and other debris from battles.  If you find any illegal cargo either sell it right away or eject it back into space.

mikeck

I thought your discovery scout comes armed... No?
Hmmm... Some space pirate you are.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison

I'm just feeling good that I didn't blow up my second ship by ramming into the space port.

mikeck

"Don't get cocky kid!"

Use auto-dock...always
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson