Preview of new issue of Battles! Magazine

Started by bayonetbrant, June 07, 2013, 07:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

it would be interesting to see what they are saying, but I'm sure I've had worse things said about me over the years :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: bickford on January 11, 2014, 11:08:48 PM
Understand you are proud of your contributions to that magazine yet they crap all over you and the other former/current military designers (Danny Holte etc..) on their secret Perfidious Albion yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/perfidiousalbion/info

from the group description:
QuoteWe always welcome discussion of designers' personal lives and do not welcome being told what we cannot discuss

Sounds like a girls' locker room but at least they're upfront about it
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

OK, they're not dead yet - #10 coming next month

Toonces

Stoked!  I just grabbed a ziploc copy of A Week in Hell so I don't have to wait for Brant to sell me his copy anymore!   ^-^
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

Quote from: Toonces on February 20, 2015, 07:30:49 PM
Stoked!  I just grabbed a ziploc copy of A Week in Hell so I don't have to wait for Brant to sell me his copy anymore!   ^-^

I'm enjoying Phantom Fury at the moment, sister game to A Week in Hell.  I might have to pick up a copy of that one as well.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

It's the same system, so if you like PF you should like AWiH.  It was out of print for quite a while; I couldn't find a copy used on BBG nor ebay.  So I recommend grabbing one asap if you're thinking of it.  It was just under 20 clams shipped.  Good deal if you ask me!  And the magazine is now a free pdf...    :)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Got my copy of A Week in Hell a few days ago.  Boy, it comes in a really small baggie; like sandwich sized.  Very low counter-count, though.  It had a full, color copy of the rules included, though, which I wasn't expecting.

Overall pleased with the purchase!