Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 22, 2013, 09:42:21 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 22, 2013, 09:27:49 AM
The great thing about it is that the Romans love me and I don't need to go to war with them! :)

Well that's not historical at all and I demand that the re-write all AI coding!

In my game Spock has a beard.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on September 22, 2013, 09:45:00 AM
The great thing about it is that the Romans love me and I don't need to go to war with them! :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please tell me Kirk is still a heterosexual in your game.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 22, 2013, 09:48:08 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please tell me Kirk is still a heterosexual in your game.
[/quote]

No lady is safe from the wily and powerful Captain Kirk!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mikeck

Quote from: LongBlade on September 22, 2013, 09:45:00 AM

I loved that Spock...although evil Kirks black eye shadow was a little too "David Bowie"
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Kirk was gay in my game, but he led Carthage. And Carthage was eliminated from the universe before 200BC. All kinds of a-historical. So I will now flip my desk and set it on fire in nerdgastic rage.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on September 22, 2013, 10:30:41 AM

Well at least not everything has been flipped on it's head.  Thankfully.

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on September 22, 2013, 11:04:27 AM
Kirk was gay in my game, but he led Carthage. And Carthage was eliminated from the universe before 200BC. All kinds of a-historical. So I will now flip my desk and set it on fire in nerdgastic rage.

Haha!

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on September 22, 2013, 11:04:27 AM

Were you playing Carthage?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: LongBlade on September 22, 2013, 10:30:41 AM

No lady is safe from the powerful Captain Kirk's 'Willy'!

Nefaro

Looks like there was just some tiny update for Beta 3 patch.  Maybe crash fixes..?

Gusington

No I was fighting against Carthage and her allies. Now they are all gone through little action of my own.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 22, 2013, 03:27:10 PM
No I was fighting against Carthage and her allies. Now they are all gone through little action of my own.

I hope the runaway rebellion issues aren't still there, later in the game.  :-[

Gusington

Is that third patch due to be out of beta this week? If the game continues on its upward trajectory as far as general quality, then my planned Iceni campaign should be very different than my current Roman one. I am generally excited to play different factions here, as opposed to Shogun 2...even if Shogun 2 was better out of the box at launch.   

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

I have to admit...I consistently get ASS KICKED. In naval battles. Big even close. If I use assault biremes, I get chewed up with javelins. If I switch to javelins, my ships get rammed by big assault ships. I thing the AI is really good at naval battles

Gusington

^Dude your phone's spell check is harshing my mellow :)

I have only played maybe three naval battles with very simple early ships so...not in love with the naval part yet.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd