Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Both these modders are really hardcore, I have faith that they will work it out and quickly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

The amount of changes that have been made personally I would just try out vanilla with the beta nine patch... and maybe throwing a four turns per year mod or  something like that. give it a shot for a few weeks until the mods are caught up repaired and fully polished then give it another go. This is a big patch and by all accounts so far has done a lot to deal with the formations and slowing down fights and things like that that people primarily use the months for anyway
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Martok

Quote from: mikeck on January 24, 2014, 04:41:51 PM
personally I would just try out vanilla with the beta nine patch
That's sort of been my thinking as well.  In fact, until such time as CA stops releasing updates for Rome II -- or least until they stop releasing them on a regular basis (which I'm NOT complaining about, by the way!) -- I'm inclined to just play the vanilla game.  As appealing as some of the mods are, quite honestly I'm still enjoying the game as is. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: mikeck on January 24, 2014, 04:41:51 PM
The amount of changes that have been made personally I would just try out vanilla with the beta nine patch... and maybe throwing a four turns per year mod or  something like that. give it a shot for a few weeks until the mods are caught up repaired and fully polished then give it another go. This is a big patch and by all accounts so far has done a lot to deal with the formations and slowing down fights and things like that that people primarily use the months for anyway

This is what I've been doing.

Gusington

But...but...I just had a glorious hard-earned victory over the Caledones!! Shirley you wouldn't have me set that aside...but it would give me an excuse to start my long dreamed of campaign as Sparta...or the Seleucids...oh dear...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

im sold on 9 here with a mod for four turns - the last fix list looks to do everything i was worried about, play that for a long time until something epic like the old MTW2 mods comes out and blows it all away

Gusington

Let me ask you this...what's to stop me from just switching the mods off in mod manager and continuing on with the same campaign, just unmodded? Is that just...inconceivable?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

shouldnt be a problem - then when the mod game is fixed just switch it back on again - that was my plan

Gusington

Well to be safe I didn't do that. I...I loaded the new patch, started a new campaign as the Iceni again, and promptly lost in about 30 turns!!! WTF??

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2014, 10:43:02 PM
Well to be safe I didn't do that. I...I loaded the new patch, started a new campaign as the Iceni again, and promptly lost in about 30 turns!!! WTF??

The AI is a little smarter in patch 9, I guess.

Sir Slash

Smart AI? Unfair I say.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: MengJiao on January 24, 2014, 11:37:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2014, 10:43:02 PM

The AI is a little smarter in patch 9, I guess.

getting my ass kicked with the army limits and lack of funds in 9 but thats me being impatient

changed to four turns a year with seasonal effects and also added the corresponding construction and research time effects - 8 turns for buildings and research

Much more CAI aggressiveness - these guys just wont give up

Havent noticed anything better or worse about battle AI

For the first time since buying the game i got the graphics warning - game likes to downgrade the trees when its busy - im fine with that - as is usually the case graphics are only good for pause and close up, during the chaos of battle im not too bothered if the shadows on the leaves are right

Gusington

I am still smarting from that arse-kicking it gave me last night. Do I try Iceni again one more time or move on the Nervii, Suebi or maybe even the Spartans?

What simple mod are you using for seasonal and four turn per year effects? I missed them in vanilla.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Go to the steam workshop and filter by most popular..... they're by a guy called Dresden click on his name when you find one of his mods and they'll all come up.... 2 turns, 4 turns, with and without seasons with and without extra build time

Gusington

^Got'em thanks. Maybe 2 turns with seasons is enough for me...

...so none of these little year and season mods are affected by patching?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd