Whatcha doing on Father's day?

Started by Windigo, June 14, 2013, 02:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Ouch - I've had a few of them in my time - nasty things, but (dis)honourable wounds!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Well since I'm flying solo today, I've decided that what I want to do is the following itinerary:

Eat some fresh spring rolls, something curry flavored on rice at a Thai restaurant
See Star Trek Into Darkness
Browse electronics at Best Buy
Attempt to win the freaking Getting Started scenario in First World War squad battles game.  I've gotten so close to a victory only to be denied.

bob48

Installing 'Fall of the Samurai' at this very moment........ooh, the exitement!!!!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Martok

Quote from: bob48 on June 16, 2013, 11:17:33 AM
Just been given a copy of 'Fall of the Samurai" by my youngest son - ta very much.

Now he wants to do some Shogun 2 MP so that he teach his old pop how to play.......

Yeah, right! (rolls sleeve's up).
Awesome!  I'd say you definitely raised your kid right.  ;) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Just been given a copy of 'Fall of the Samurai" by my youngest son - ta very much.

Now he wants to do some Shogun 2 MP so that he teach his old pop how to play.......

nice one bob - let us know how you get on

Centurion40

Quote from: Martok on June 17, 2013, 10:21:22 AM

Awesome!  I'd say you definitely raised your kid right.  ;)

Whereas my step-kid said nothing to me all-day (related to the Father's Day), and my 9 year-old son didn't wish me a Happy Father's Day until around 5:30 pm!!   :o ::) :P  Then, later (after supper) he gave me a couple of rocks from his collection, along with a hand-written card, $1, and one of his Batman drawings.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Martok

Quote from: Centurion40 on June 17, 2013, 03:13:17 PM
Then, later (after supper) he gave me a couple of rocks from his collection, along with a hand-written card, $1, and one of his Batman drawings.
Okay, that's pretty damn cute. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Centurion40

Yeah.  But he's not too damned happy that I accepted his Batman drawing!  He asked me if he could hang onto it a little longer.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Martok

I was wondering which gift was more difficult for him to part with -- the drawing, or the rocks.  ;)