Graviteam Games Question

Started by JudgeDredd, July 05, 2013, 02:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

I've been itching to try this series for a while, and both AP and APOS are on amazon for under £5 each. Is it worth getting AP or going straight for APOS?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Go with APOS.  If you find that you do like the game, APOS is the one with all the additional campaign DLCs available.  Plus it has a more intuitive interface and better vehicle driver AI than APK.

bob48

Thanks SDR, I'll probably pull the trigger on this one today.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Tuna

Quote from: mikeck on July 06, 2013, 08:36:35 AM
It can be a "pain" to get the game patched and the DLC going but it's not to bad. After Jarhead yelled at me, I sat down and went through it step by step and it worked

JD and Bob, maybe you can do an email notification with Jarhead so that he'll yell at you if you're having troubles!  :o

But seriously, even though setup and patching should be simple as running an exe, it is not.. but there are plenty of easy to follow instructions out there, and once you read them it's easy..

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tuna on July 06, 2013, 11:18:48 AM
Quote from: mikeck on July 06, 2013, 08:36:35 AM
It can be a "pain" to get the game patched and the DLC going but it's not to bad. After Jarhead yelled at me, I sat down and went through it step by step and it worked

JD and Bob, maybe you can do an email notification with Jarhead so that he'll yell at you if you're having troubles!  :o

But seriously, even though setup and patching should be simple as running an exe, it is not.. but there are plenty of easy to follow instructions out there, and once you read them it's easy..

LoL...I did not yell at you! After I saw how frustrated you were getting, I merely suggested that you relax and take a step back... :D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 06, 2013, 11:35:14 AM
LoL...I did not yell at you! After I saw how frustrated you were getting, I merely suggested that you relax and take a step back... :D

yeah, thats sounds just like you!  :P

bob48

Well, if I was going to be yelled at by anybody, I'd rather it be JH - he knows what he's talking about.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

and he has a shit ton of kick ass pans in an underground bunker

bob48

..you just trying to cheer me up?

Cod and chips on the way...nom nom nomm!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on July 06, 2013, 12:23:33 PM
..you just trying to cheer me up?

Cod and chips on the way...nom nom nomm!

for the last time - haddock - none of your fancy fish round here - i want scum of the sea, deep fried and battered  :P

bob48

...and it will be fresh from a NE fishing port - non of yer frozen junk here like what you midlanders get palmed off with. I bet your haddock has never been anywhere near the salty old sea!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 06, 2013, 11:35:14 AM
Quote from: Tuna on July 06, 2013, 11:18:48 AM
Quote from: mikeck on July 06, 2013, 08:36:35 AM
It can be a "pain" to get the game patched and the DLC going but it's not to bad. After Jarhead yelled at me, I sat down and went through it step by step and it worked

JD and Bob, maybe you can do an email notification with Jarhead so that he'll yell at you if you're having troubles!  :o

But seriously, even though setup and patching should be simple as running an exe, it is not.. but there are plenty of easy to follow instructions out there, and once you read them it's easy..

LoL...I did not yell at you! After I saw how frustrated you were getting, I merely suggested that you relax and take a step back... :D

I believe you're exact words were "if you don't calm down and stop ranting, I'm going to slit your throat"...or something like that....might be paraphrasing
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Toonces

Just to confuse the issue a bit, I believe APOS is now called Graviteam Tactics or something like that.  So if you see that, just now that it refers to APOS and the associated DLC.

As for buying it, it seems to go on sale every 2 week or so at 50% off, so if you hold out surely you'll be able to pick it up cheap from GG pretty soon.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Dolan50

A new current patch was added yesterday(GTOS mar13d1 2013 eng.
You can download it from here-
http://www.graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html

or from Gamersgate.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some news about next update for March 13 patch
"d1"
120) Reconfigured the gears in the BA-64 armored car.
121) Reduced tiring for soldiers when moving on slopes.
122) New types of soils for future DLCs.
123) Small changes in the sounds processing.
124) Screws in aircraft and helicopters are not lost in the distance.
125) Adjusted algorithm for targets selection and firing for helicopters.
126) Changed the view for the charged grenades and grenade launchers.
127) Planes and helicopters fly away if ammunition was less than ~10%.
128) Fixed a bug with protruding of dead pilots through the "skin" of the aircraft.
129) Added new commands to the AI on the operational phase.
130) Adjusted parameters of weapons overheating.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

JudgeDredd

A heads up - I managed to purchase APOS for a cool £3 from Amazon - I saw someone mention it somewhere! Thank you
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people