Graviteam Games Question

Started by JudgeDredd, July 05, 2013, 02:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

What does the different color squares in the deployment phase represent?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on August 05, 2013, 09:50:46 PM
What does the different color squares in the deployment phase represent?

Each cell is marked by two frames (inner and outer) The outer frame shows the cell's cover. A dotted line signifies soldiers cannot dig trenches for cover. A solid line indicates trench digging is possible. The inner frame shows camouflage level. If there is no frame, units in the cell are fully visible.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Dolan50

the red color usually pertains to infantry availability only or very good for infantry and MGs.

Example:
Red dotted outer frame-Infantry only,no trench digging,cell generally contains a building or house.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

WallysWorld

Just posting to an old thread that a patch has been released for Graviteam Tactics:  http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11772.0

Andrey said the patch will be released later for Steam.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

sandman2575

A new Grativeam patch?  (*flees in terror*)

8)

mikeck

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 31, 2014, 01:05:46 PM
A new Grativeam patch?  (*flees in terror*)

8)

I bought the steam version just to avoid that process. Normally I would just not install the damn patch
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

-budd-

Wonder what Andrey means by later.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Krabb

Quote from: -budd- on January 01, 2015, 12:16:15 AMWonder what Andrey means by later.
This means after non-steamers test the patch a bit and there will be no errors hopefully, and after the process of setting it up on steam. Steam is complicated to release anything.

Apocalypse 31

After reading this thread, I picked up GT & Shield of the Prophet.

Glad to see something different. I just hope I can wrap my brain around the UI

Silent Disapproval Robot


Apocalypse 31

#85
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 01, 2015, 09:42:12 AM
Have a look through this guide.  There's a lot of good info in there.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339318454

That's good stuff. Thank you.

I played APOPSTAR when it was first released and was quickly turned off by the UI.

I played a few hours today, and really felt a difference. Overall, very enjoyable and offers a nice change from Combat mission.

-Absolutely LOVE that I can give platoon and Company orders versus micromanaging every single squad - ala Combat Mission.
-As stated previously, the Angola and Afghanistan theaters are a nice change of scenery.
-I like commanding from tactical map. It's clean, and make it easy to develop a concept.
-Level of detail, wow.

My only gripes;
1. It takes the AI a bit to assemble and move. even when I deploy units neatly, they still take a while to get into the assigned formation and move.
2. Sound effects are horrible, and there doesn't seem to be a way to mod them. Sound modding is a hobby of mine, and it irks me when a game sounds bad.

jomni



Quote from: Apocalypse 31

My only gripes;
1. It takes the AI a bit to assemble and move. even when I deploy units neatly, they still take a while to get into the assigned formation and move.
2. Sound effects are horrible, and there doesn't seem to be a way to mod them. Sound modding is a hobby of mine, and it irks me when a game sounds bad.

1. Isn't that supposed to be realistic?
2. Wait till you hear the Chinese voices [barf barf barf!!!!]

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: jomni on January 02, 2015, 12:35:24 AM
1. Isn't that supposed to be realistic?

It is, but this is a video game. I want my pixel troopers to line up and respond quicker so I can get them to the fun part

panzerde

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on January 02, 2015, 10:28:26 AM
Quote from: jomni on January 02, 2015, 12:35:24 AM
1. Isn't that supposed to be realistic?

It is, but this is a video game. I want my pixel troopers to line up and respond quicker so I can get them to the fun part


No, it's a combat simulation. There's a difference.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

sandman2575

Terrible sound effects in GTOS has long been a pet peeve of mine as well. I think it's a brilliant game overall, but I don't think you can underestimate the importance of sound for immersion.  CMx2 has several sound mods that really enhance the experience -- the reports of large caliber tank guns are awesome.

Of course, Graviteam has done nothing to make modding GTOS easy, hence the severe lack of mods and user-made scenarios, which is a shame.