Off Topic: Front Office Football 7.0 Now available!

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 24, 2013, 08:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast

Someone posted their stats from the first season at FOF Central..... looks like the stat engine needs a lot of work


QuoteNot sure with season stats after first season.

Eli manning threw for 6017 yards and 54 TD's

DeAngelo Williams had 2361 yards rushing
marshawn Lynch had 2202 yards rushing
Arian Foster had 2012 yards rushing

PE

Arctic Blast

Yikes! I was just looking at tight ends, since there was mention that they were finally getting a boost. Apparently I should have looked beyond that.  :o

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 13, 2013, 09:47:50 PM
Someone posted their stats from the first season at FOF Central..... looks like the stat engine needs a lot of work


QuoteNot sure with season stats after first season.

Eli manning threw for 6017 yards and 54 TD's

DeAngelo Williams had 2361 yards rushing
marshawn Lynch had 2202 yards rushing
Arian Foster had 2012 yards rushing

PE

I think that is just one sample....before I crashed I simmed several seasons and they all seemed very reasonable.  Not to say you might not have one of those odd seasons now and then.

Arctic Blast

#78
Yeah, I'm not seeing any enormous discrepancies like that piling up every time.

The one issue I do see is a LOT of #1 running backs piling up a lot of yards. I just simmed a season ending with 11 guys with over 1,400 yards, 8 of them over 1,500. That's pretty typical from what I've been seeing. And almost every season has at least one 2,000 yard rusher.

On the flip side, sacks seem a bit low. It's rare to see the league leader with more than a dozen or so.

EDIT : One positive to add is with RFA's. It used to be that even high level young RFA's would happily sign one year minimum tender offers a couple of years in a row, letting you hide a couple of guys with big time upside on your depth chart for dirt cheap. Those days seem to be over. Any RFA who earns solid playing time asks for multi-year deals now, often with at least a small signing bonus.

BanzaiCat

When I did a playthrough earlier, I called the plays in that Houston-Minnesota game. Seemed that the game reported that Minnesota was "looking for the pass" every single time, even on obvious short plays. That let me run several draws with great success. I guess that's the point.

The few times I had Schaub throw the ball, it was to Andre Johnson, and Andre was always double-covered. I'll have to do a sim through and see if Arian gets over 2K yards. Will be interesting to see how many INTs Schaub gets.



KyzBP

Quote from: Nefaro on December 14, 2013, 12:05:46 AM
Best NFL Logos for FOF, by far:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showpost.php?p=1315121&postcount=153

Don't play without them!

Figures.  I spent most of my evening modding logos for the game and, of course, these look much nicer than mine.   I just couldn't play with the vanilla logos.  I'm superficial enough to need good logos to help with my immersion into the game.

Grim.Reaper

For those not aware of the main place to discuss FOF7, I highly recommend reading these threads.  Although on the surface it doesn't look like the game changed much, but people are reporting a lot of under-the-hood changes that are making things much better.  This is likely going to push me over the edge for a purchase.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Nefaro

Quote from: KyzBP on December 14, 2013, 07:31:11 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 14, 2013, 12:05:46 AM
Best NFL Logos for FOF, by far:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showpost.php?p=1315121&postcount=153

Don't play without them!

Figures.  I spent most of my evening modding logos for the game and, of course, these look much nicer than mine.   I just couldn't play with the vanilla logos.  I'm superficial enough to need good logos to help with my immersion into the game.

Nice proper logos is essential.  We play all video games for the immersion, so it should be top priority to better such things.  ;)

I recommend everyone drop these in and try playing with them, if they haven't.   Luckily modding the game into real NFL team names and adding real logos is pretty easy as far as modding goes.

Nefaro

The schedule color over the grass background should be an easy fix, and one I'm surprised wasn't officially done before release:

Change the Red text to White.  It makes sense for a couple reasons.  Not only would the contrast be better but the text and lines would actually match the yard lines on a grass field. (Duh!)

I'd be extremely surprised if nobody has suggested this yet on the forum.

I plan on picking this up before long, but I'm in the middle of aerial warfare in WOFF right now.

Grim.Reaper


Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 14, 2013, 12:47:06 PM
Mods are in progress already to correct

Yeah, I noticed Icy (or whathisname) had one in the works, but it removed the green grass graphic which I think is pretty cool.   I imagine someone will simply change the text to white at some point - that's all it needs.

Keep me up-to-date on how the simming results and AI performs!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on December 14, 2013, 02:28:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 14, 2013, 12:47:06 PM
Mods are in progress already to correct

Yeah, I noticed Icy (or whathisname) had one in the works, but it removed the green grass graphic which I think is pretty cool.   I imagine someone will simply change the text to white at some point - that's all it needs.

Keep me up-to-date on how the simming results and AI performs!

I am locked out of the demo now...turns out that it only lasts 3 days OR you start up the game 4 times.  I had a number of crashes that ate up my restarts and at the time was not aware of the limitation.  Therefore, not currently playing right now, but maybe a chance I purchase before the day is over:)

Grim.Reaper

Well, as expected, also picked this up last night....just diving into it.  I ran through a few quick seasons and from a stats perspective, nothing really stood out as bad.  Just like with any text sim and real life for that matter, you'll have those unique seasons where it seems like records are broken and others where things take a step back.  And in between, things seem just about average and normal.

I am not an expert on roster management and contracts so that part of the game is going to be hard for me to comment on, at least in the near future.  If what people are saying is accurate over at the official forums, seems like a lot of the back-end stuff was improved so I am hopeful.