CK 2 free copy for the first Groghead

Started by Yskonyn, August 02, 2013, 09:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Deadskin

Same as here I'm in the Grogs steam group also, and thanks.

JudgeDredd

ah well - too many games on my plate anyway. last thing I need is a time sucker!

Nice offer though
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 30, 2013, 05:34:13 AM
ah well - too many games on my plate anyway. last thing I need is a time sucker!

Nice offer though

JD, if your still interested, I have an extra key that I just received and would be more than willing to give you....in the past you gave me Panzer Corp so would love to return the favor.  I know your plate is full, but can't be full for something free:)

Tuna

Quote from: Darkspire on August 03, 2013, 06:13:07 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on August 03, 2013, 06:00:40 AM
I am happy to offer it to you Darkspire, but it is indeed on Steam... No likey in that case??

Thanks but no thanks then. I have an intense dislike for Steam and its background workings, DRM, updates etc, it also causes way to many imbalances in my system with program incompatibility, things working against each other.  Its not the first game from them for me, I had the X series Albion Prelude allotted as I had bought the X-Superbox from the local games store but never bothered to collect, never have played Albion but would love to, I have been with X since Beyond The Frontier was released and avidly played and enjoyed every game,  after reading about all the problems folks were having with saves for Terran Conflict and the other games in the series (that were years old and had a great deal of time invested) I believe I made the right choice. Matrix are the only Digital Distributor that I really trust, there methods are much more open and friendly.

Thanks again.

Darkspire

CK2, Vicky 2, EU III and EU IV.. you just need to use Steam to install it... After that you never have to use Steam again... just make a shortcut on your desktop with the game exe and you are good to go!.

Not sure if HOI III also works this way as well.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 30, 2013, 06:34:16 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 30, 2013, 05:34:13 AM
ah well - too many games on my plate anyway. last thing I need is a time sucker!

Nice offer though

JD, if your still interested, I have an extra key that I just received and would be more than willing to give you....in the past you gave me Panzer Corp so would love to return the favor.  I know your plate is full, but can't be full for something free:)
Oh - that would be very welcome. I've been eyeing it for a couple of weeks now - I would appreciate that greatly - save me £35. Thank you
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 30, 2013, 06:41:56 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 30, 2013, 06:34:16 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 30, 2013, 05:34:13 AM
ah well - too many games on my plate anyway. last thing I need is a time sucker!

Nice offer though

JD, if your still interested, I have an extra key that I just received and would be more than willing to give you....in the past you gave me Panzer Corp so would love to return the favor.  I know your plate is full, but can't be full for something free:)
Oh - that would be very welcome. I've been eyeing it for a couple of weeks now - I would appreciate that greatly - save me £35. Thank you

No problem....PM sent with the key....enjoy.

JudgeDredd

Thank you very much GR - I will give it a go over the weekend.

I was a fan of EU III for a while and I've heard good things about EU IV.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

steve58

If there are any Grogs left that somehow still don't have CK2 (and want it), I have a extra Steam key as well...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JudgeDredd

#23
NM - done it
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

W8taminute

Too bad we can't give away or trade away games on STEAM that were purchased for yourself.  How does one end up with an extra STEAM key to any given game anyway?  Multiple purchases?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

lol - for some bloody stupid reason I thought this thread (and my free gift) was EUIV!

Imagine my surprise then when I saw a Crusader Kings II icon on the desktop.

No matter - I just can't believe how incredibly dumb I was being!

CK2 it is!  :)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on August 30, 2013, 12:51:15 PM
Too bad we can't give away or trade away games on STEAM that were purchased for yourself.  How does one end up with an extra STEAM key to any given game anyway?  Multiple purchases?

They sometimes come with pre-order specials...in this case, when I bought EU4, it came free but I had already owned it.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 30, 2013, 12:53:05 PM
lol - for some bloody stupid reason I thought this thread (and my free gift) was EUIV!

Imagine my surprise then when I saw a Crusader Kings II icon on the desktop.

No matter - I just can't believe how incredibly dumb I was being!

CK2 it is!  :)

Sorry for the confusion JD, hope you still enjoy CK2.

JudgeDredd

lol - this is in no way your fault GR. I totally read the thread wrong!

I had looked at CK2 when it first came out and my finger was on the buy often enough...but I never pressed it and the "want" waned. But I'll certainly give it a good look over - lots of people like it enough.

Thanks again.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Huw the Poo

You should enjoy it anyway JD, it's a bloody fantastic game.