The Great War - Total War

Started by Gusington, August 04, 2013, 09:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Great work Gus. I wonder is it modded after NTW or Shogun? I seem to remember NTW.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

What do you mean? It's based on NTW if that's what you're asking. I am verifying my vanilla NTW game cache right now in preparation for this weekend when the rumored release will be.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Shelldrake on August 04, 2013, 11:00:59 AM
Very nice (the release trailer not Gus' loins) but I guess it is too much to expect naval battles too?!

never be dismissive about Gus's loins.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I believe you used the term juicy.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Loin moistening wargaming awaits! The Great War: Total War is out!
www.twcenter.net

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

hurryover

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2013, 08:10:15 AM
Loin moistening wargaming awaits! The Great War: Total War is out!
www.twcenter.net

Could you report on how the game portrays WWI? WWI was continuous fronts. This game displays armies in stacks. My only concern.

W8taminute

Thanks for the update Gus.  I'm gonna have to DL this bad boy today.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

hurryover

And... how are aircraft represented?

Gusington

I have yet to download and see it first hand but aircraft are represented on the campaign as agents. They are not represented in tactical battles yet. The creators promise.regular updates and since they have been working on this release for three years I believe them.

Hurryover not sure what you mean about the stacks, above...

Will be downloading when I can tonight and reporting back on whether this release will delay me in firing up Rome 2.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

hurryover

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2013, 01:19:32 PM
I have yet to download and see it first hand but aircraft are represented on the campaign as agents. They are not represented in tactical battles yet. The creators promise.regular updates and since they have been working on this release for three years I believe them.

Hurryover not sure what you mean about the stacks, above...

Will be downloading when I can tonight and reporting back on whether this release will delay me in firing up Rome 2.

Good to hear. This is all very interesting.

I meant that in all TW games armies are represented in stacks, which is unlike the warfare of the Western Front during WW1, which was a continuous front. Do you follow?

Gusington

I'll have to install and see what, if anything, the developers have done for stacking.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Downloading now.  31 minutes left.   :(
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

You may or may not noticed that I have been quiet about this for the last few days...there appear to be a lot of bugs. Before going into the game wholeheartedly I am going to wait for a patch to sort things out. The one bug I have not been able to fix so far is lack of sound :(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on August 15, 2013, 07:36:06 PM
The one bug I have not been able to fix so far is lack of sound :(

A mere trifle. Or is that a subset of the 'Pudding' family?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys