The Great War - Total War

Started by Gusington, August 04, 2013, 09:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Excellent. I'm leaning towards trying out Romania first (seriously).

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

If her husband don't care, then I don't care. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I have no witty retort for that. Yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

You're trying too hard Gus. Just relax and the words will come to you. Or have a stiff drink maybe. Who are the playable countries in the mod? And what did they do about naval combat?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

The modders had trouble importing new models for updated ships, but have hinted that they may have found a solution for a big future update. So right now naval combat has not changed from the vanilla game, AFAIK.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Yeah the naval unit card graphics depict WW1 era ships however the 3D models in battle are still wooden ships with cloth sails.  Doesn't bother me too much for now and if they are going to fix it later I can wait.

You want to try out Rumania?  That sounds like it might be an interesting game actually. 

In my current game I'm playing as Germany and it's January 1916.  In the West it's a stalemate.  I've lost Alsace-Lorraine however and have not taken any territory there.

In the East I just captured Vilnius after meeting with very little resistance.  I have a feeling that if I had sent more units to the East sooner I could have grabbed a lot more territory from Russia.  Still learning I guess.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

How's ongoing game stability? Do you have a lot of crashes?

I couldn't believe that Romania was a playable faction when I saw it but there it was. Gonna try them out first.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

No crashes after the one I reported earlier.  That turned out to be due to setting the graphics options to very high and I guess my card couldn't handle it.  Ever since I turned down the graphics, to medium, I have not had any crashes.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

That's fantastic. How does it look on medium?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

At medium the main campaign map still looks fairly decent.  The 3D battlefield soldier models are eh, ok.  Grass and foliage on the battlefield looks ok when you zoom in a little but when you zoom out things look decent but not great. 

Everything looked gorgeous at the high graphics setting but my aging card couldn't take it.  I've got an ATI Radeon 5460.

Gusington

Ouch. Time to upgrade!

The stability otherwise is great news. The timing is a little worse with Rome II just around the corner.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd