Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

#330
Post in egosoft forums. Apparently, a group of guys with lots of time on their hands are actually really exploring the rebirth universe... As in, flying off into deep space and looking around. They are discovering planets and abandoned wrecks. This one is an old water carrying station... Notice the detail of the frozen water:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iWr5foX7T7c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiWr5foX7T7c

Apparently, they are finding that all of the planets and moons move in real or it's around their stars. It's a pretty interesting read about the details of what is out there in space away from the sectosrs

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=355462&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

"SteveMill wrote:
And is there any game-play in these infinite spaces? Or is it just empty space?


There are interesting stations' wrecks, space objects (planets' satellites) being able to be reached, someone also saw a big capital-ship. The main thing in all this is that you can reach and see these objects in close. Even a planet.
As for the opportunity to build something - the guy didn't make such tests. So we don't know, if something can be built there."



Go down the thread until you see the post with the pics.

On another note. Concerning the economy, here is a pictorial laying out the economy itself: as in, what must be built and delivered to build something else:
http://stuff.incertum.net/x-rebirth/x-rebirth-all.png

Trade seems to work I. 1.18. When they get this thing running right, it will be unbelievable
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Yskonyn

Wow! That is pretty cool!
So an upgrade to the long range scanner might give some nice surprises! :)
If we are able to build in those remote locations too, it gets even more interesting! Provided the AI actually knows how to find your station in that case.

I have stopped playing for now. I am keeping tabs on what goes on in the forums and once I feel like the game is where I need it to be to become a less frustrating experience I will definately jump back in.
It feels like a gift still needed to be unwrapped, while looking at some other gifts in the mean time. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mikeck

Good move. I can play around the issues I just do things other than what's bugged for example the last two weeks I just haven't been trading much I just go on missions and blow stuff up. Now with 1.18 working I'm going to A few trade ships see if I can start my trade fleet up
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Some interesting observations by these guys that spent (literally) 3-4 days straight flying in rebirth:


"Exactly. He could reach a huge wreck, which you see, when enter DeVres, he found 3 secret zones and reached some planets' satellites (even found out, that they move according to physic's laws). Anyway, the main thing he found is that the space is real, and you can fly from one galaxy to another without gates (though it will take A LOT of time).
When the devs fix trading, I'd buy some plants and go travel myself"

"The longest distance i fly was close to 900km outside the zones.Even at that distance you still can find asteroids, eneny ships, deserted ships and stuff.Some dude even fly inside the planet crater in Omicron.The big empty is not empty at all.


"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Martok

I've come to take aggregate rating sites like Metacritic with a healthy dose of salt, particularly when the average score from professional reviews varies wildly from the average score for players reviews (such as with Rome 2). 

But then there's this.  Man, I've never seen both a game's fanbase and established gaming sites alike so thoroughly roast a game before.  Is it really that bad?  At least some of you seem to be enjoying it, so I can't help but wonder. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Yskonyn

Well many people have problems with change as a general rule. And Rebirth is different, that's pretty obvious. :) So perhaps this might explain why the reaction is quite excessive towards the game's weak points.
Having that said, though, the game does lack features so a negative remark on those points is valid. There have been quite a few crashes too, but most are solved now.
Like I said earlier; I think Rebirth has tons of potential, but it doesnt give the player enough control for now.
Game mechanics are lept vague on purpose, so people bitching about that obviously have no experience with X games.

Do I think the game is great ? No I don't, but it does have potential and certainly is not as bad as the internet make it sound.
Do you have to adapt as a player? Yes you do, even if everything would work as advertised, so give yourself some time to adapt.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

republic

Wow, I just experienced a capital ship battle...that was amazing!

I thought I was taking screenshots but turns out the hotkey wasn't working...so the ones I did get were as the battle was nearly done.

They should have opened the game with one of these battles and I think the reviews would have been much more forgiving.




mikeck

Quote from: Martok on December 01, 2013, 11:12:22 AM
I've come to take aggregate rating sites like Metacritic with a healthy dose of salt, particularly when the average score from professional reviews varies wildly from the average score for players reviews (such as with Rome 2). 

But then there's this.  Man, I've never seen both a game's fanbase and established gaming sites alike so thoroughly roast a game before.  Is it really that bad?  At least some of you seem to be enjoying it, so I can't help but wonder.

No, it's not that bad. With the new 1.18 beta, I have not had a single crash and trAde  seems to be working.

Egosoft deserved to be hammered. The game was unstable and a lot of things didn't work. More importantly, the game lacked important things that they promised: like an modifiable skunk ship. Instead, all I can do is upgrade scanners and weapons. They had told us that yu could make it into a cargo ship or whatever.

On the other side, many people hate the changes and refuse to look at the good parts. For example, the universe is much larger, it is continuous (no room hopping), ships move with much more fluidity, combat graphics are superb, and most importantly, the economy is dynamic. Everything is actually produced in a station with raw materials that are actually mined and transferred by a ship.

I think the game is far more immersive that any x game before. It has the potential to be flat-out better than any of them. Right now though, there are too many bugs and as complex as x games are, you cannot expect people to try and guess whether something is WAD or a bug.

All in all, I am having a blast and will never go back to X3. I like just flying around, exploring and fighting. You just have to try to differentiate between people hating on the game because they don't like the changes and people that have genuine issues with the performance of the game. Lots of these people don't like the changes so then they just sees on every little blog and declare the game unplayable.

To me this is a lot like Rome two. The game was released it had issues and it was bulky but people exaggerated these bugs and issues and to clear the game horrible and unplayable. Meanwhile I was playing the game just fine and having a good time with it but then again I'm the kind of person who can play a game and enjoy the good parts and be willing to look past the problem areas until the repaired.

If I was you I would just wait a few weeks until a few more patches are released and then go ahead and pick it up
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

#338
Had my first successful boarding action. I do like the complexity of the boarding system.
Hired a marine officer, hired a captain and then found a marine recruiter and purchased 20 marines and 5 veteran marines. I found a Rahana freighter owned by the beryll company and attacked.

Selected "board" and was given instructions to take out the shields, jump drive and both engines. When I did my marines shot out in pods and attacked. Took about 5 minutes for them to get inside and another 5-6 minutes to take the ship. Once I got word they had it, I docked with the freighter, dropped off the new captain, orders it to follow me and sold it at a shipyard for $3.5 million.

It was pretty cool watching a drifting ship with smoke and flames billowing from the engines and amidship while marines were launching to attack.

I feel like an a/hole pirate but damn...3.5 mill! Daddy needs a new frigate to start showing these companies who the new boss is.

Next capture I will fix up and use to start trading. After a few more, I plan on buying a destroyed and a few frigates for my navy. Eventually I want a station and wil begin taking out other trading companies.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Out of curiosity, how did it follow you after capture if you had taken out its engines and jump drive during he action?

Additionally, when you recruit marines, where do they go? Are they berthed on he skunk, or do you need some kind of transport capable ship?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 01, 2013, 09:57:00 PM
Out of curiosity, how did it follow you after capture if you had taken out its engines and jump drive during he action?

Additionally, when you recruit marines, where do they go? Are they berthed on he skunk, or do you need some kind of transport capable ship?

I found an engineer in the system where my newly acquired derelict ship was floating, docked and asked the engineer to "repair ships". If it was out of system, I would have had to hire the engineer and physically transported him to the ship. Truthfully, I think I should have had to place him on the ship even in system to be realistic but whatever... So yes, I had to repair the ship first.

Not sure where marines go... The ether I suppose. You hire them but only the officer shows up in your crew bay. When you order them to board, a bunch of pods (one for each mark e) fire out from your ship. So I suppose it's "modeled" that they are in the inaccessible cargo bay or something. But no, you don't need a transport, they are on the  Skunk... Somewhere
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

Quote from: mikeck on December 01, 2013, 09:20:09 PM
Had my first successful boarding action. I do like the complexity of the boarding system.
Hired a marine officer, hired a captain and then found a marine recruiter and purchased 20 marines and 5 veteran marines. I found a Rahana freighter owned by the beryll company and attacked.

Selected "board" and was given instructions to take out the shields, jump drive and both engines. When I did my marines shot out in pods and attacked. Took about 5 minutes for them to get inside and another 5-6 minutes to take the ship. Once I got word they had it, I docked with the freighter, dropped off the new captain, orders it to follow me and sold it at a shipyard for $3.5 million.

It was pretty cool watching a drifting ship with smoke and flames billowing from the engines and amidship while marines were launching to attack.

I feel like an a/hole pirate but damn...3.5 mill! Daddy needs a new frigate to start showing these companies who the new boss is.

Next capture I will fix up and use to start trading. After a few more, I plan on buying a destroyed and a few frigates for my navy. Eventually I want a station and wil begin taking out other trading companies.

the more i read of your stories the more my card starts vibrating - i just wish there wasnt an equal and opposite story to cancel out yours elsewhere on the net!!!

but im taking your advice and hope to be flying around on Christmas Eve

republic

After the capital ship fight I was in, I'm still in awe.  At the end of the fight my ship was thrashed so I was hiding inside one of the friendlies watching the battle take place.  At one point your told to dock so the fleet can jump out.  I docked and stood on the capital ship and looked up through the opening as 2 enemy ships start spewing destruction at the ship I'm docked at.  Lots of explosions and then 'blink' we are in a different system.  Right out of Battlestar Galactica.  :)

I downloaded a mod that lets you get more specific with instructions for your capitals.  I'm going to try to use it for quicker transport.  Dock with my capital and then order it to jump where I need to go.

mikeck

#343
Undercover, don't get me wrong there are problems with the game but I just don't think there is a big deal is a lot of other people do. It's my understanding the trade bug has pretty much been worked out in patch 1.18 but every once in a while someone will pop up on the form claiming their trading still is not working.  As I stated before I think a lot of people just don't like the design decisions so their hate for the game builds off that...other people are genuinely having performance issues that makes them not like the game.

I'm having fun with it I think it's a great game.  I'm not really trying to counterbalance anything I just like talking about my experiences in the game. I haven't really tried to trade yet so I can't comment on that. maybe when I run into the trade bug out I will find myself more annoyed.

Edit: by the way I am playing in sandbox mode and not the campaign I think that may have something to do with it. The campaign is buggy but people are still trying to slam their way through it and are just missing out on the enjoyable parts of the game. Try sandbox with the save game editor give yourself about $1 million so you can upgrade your shipment start having some fun go Cap ships
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

this will be my first x-perience (man, i amaze myself sometimes) so theres no bias - i think ill do the very very basics of the tutorial like how to fly(!!!) and then jump in