Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

Here's a trailer for the 1.0 version:

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

mikeck

It's just a big sandbox space trader game. You can fight and blow stuff up, you can take on missions to deliver things, you can do trade runs or you can build a trading/manufacturing empire by getting a hold of multiple trading ships and building stations. You can also get an armada of warships and go around enforcing whatever the hell it is you want. There is a campaign but its really just a single player open sandbox
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

Sounds good. As long as it's not really an RPG and 4X then I'm good to go. 
I'll be watching this.  Is it worth playing X3 or something?

JudgeDredd

Fantastic.

I am hoping (I don't recall it being mentioned specifically in the build trailer) that there's a reason for going onto bases...as in a "mission machine" or meeting people to get a mission and the like.

But it looks fantastic, sounds fantastic and I can't wait. Definite buy - even though I barely scratched the surface of X3, Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude...I've always wanted more (back to that gaming problem I have where I want a game and then just can't play it because it's exactly what I wanted!)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Darkspire

#19
Quote from: jomni on August 08, 2013, 10:17:41 PM
Sounds good. As long as it's not really an RPG and 4X then I'm good to go. 
I'll be watching this.  Is it worth playing X3 or something?

Not really a 4x in the Distant Worlds / GalCiv sense, you do Explore, Expand, Exploit and Exterminate but you do not have the planet control, you can build an empire though if you want to, your choice of what type using space bases, goods factories, equipment docks, weapons factories etc. It is a sandbox Economic / Space Trader / Space Fleets / Space Battles / do what you want type game, it does have a fairly mean learning curve as has been mentioned but the forums are a friendly place and you will always get help there, the tutorials go back years so there is a comprehensive back library of material. Not to sure about Rebirth with the added characters / crew but the previous games were not really RPG's, the only being that leveled up was yourself with the experience and still finding new things to do six months down the line. Have a look on Steam for the X-Superbox, it has all the games on up to Albion Prelude, although that may now be included (not a steam fan / user)

For anyone wanting to try Reunion and / or Terran Conflict, there mods but are up to industry standard, both come with full manuals, and really increase the experience, the modders that created X-Tended Reunion went on to work with creating Terran Conflict with Egosoft so the Xtended version for that is really an expansion for the game .

X3 Reunion X-tended .7 trailer


X3 Terran Conflict X-Tended -  Trailer


Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


Darkspire

A bit more info and a hands on for those lucky enough to be in the area.

Quote
Release date
The action-loaded space simulation from Egosoft and Deep Silver will be released in Europe on the 15th of November 2013. "After seven years in development, people are naturally wondering why X Rebirth took so much time," says Egosoft's Studio Head Bernd Lehahn. "The reason for this is the sheer scope of our project. We not only want our universe to be huge, we want it to be huge and teeming with life. To me, the success of the Star Citizen funding shows that many people are waiting for our kind of game. A single factory compound in X Rebirth may consist of hundreds of buildings, some of which are so large that ships measuring kilometers in length can dock inside them. The player can even disembark in order to explore the station and meet its inhabitants."

There's also some good news for our fans in North America: Egosoft and Tri Synergy will be releasing X Rebirth on the 19th of November 2013 for the US market.

We'd like to invite all our fans to visit the gamescom during the 22nd to 25th of August in Cologne. You will have the chance to play the new Egosoft title for the first time in public at the Deep Silver booth in hall 9.1 B11/C10. Be among the very first to set foot in the new universe of X Rebirth and gain a quick impression of its looks and gameplay.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


Yskonyn

It's available for pre-order now, except for the English Collector's Edition. Details on that version will follow later.

I am getting a tiny bit worried;
Min specs for the processor call for an Intel i-series or AMD equivalent... I am still running a Core 2 Quad processor.
Other than that my system meets the recommended specs. Do you think this might turn out to be a problem for me?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

You think you have it bad?  My CPU is a Dual Core 1.8 GHz.  I'm not even going to attempt to play this. :( :( :(

Yskonyn

The X-games are notorious for bringing even powerful configs to its knees when the game first gets released...
I hope this time around the game will be properly optimized and there will be enough options to tailor the game to run on older rigs. My graphics card won't be the problem, but my CPU might be a bottleneck here, depending on how much data the game send by the CPU.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

I remember buying X3 and being unable to play it until I'd upgraded to my current PC.  However, my CPU isn't the only problem; my graphics card is a GT 240 which is also below the minimum spec for this game.  I don't have a hope of being able to play it. :(

Darkspire

Its always a good reason to upgrade when a new version of X comes out, I have built a new system every time, the worst one was X3 Reunion, that was a nightmare to exceed the minimum specs, Custom PC used it for quite a while to benchmark new machines and rebuilds on it was that system intensive. The only problem on the horizon for me is the fact the GTA V is coming out and I have promised myself a 360, the new xbox or possibly a PS4 so I will have to see if I can wangle extra hours or a PT job as well so I can get the cash together for both, one I can do but both is going to be fun, there is no way I am going to not get either, waited for both and watched them through development over the last few years, at least I will hopefully have a good christmas with trying to decide which one to play next :)

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


Yskonyn

My XB360 is waiting for GTA V! :) It's probably going to be the very last game I will buy for the system.

As for the X games, indeed! I still remember getting X3: Reunion.... ran like crap. Went to the pc store that same afternoon to get a new videocard. :) It helped only a bit as the game was pretty CPU intensive too.
I was just lucky my birthday was shortly after release so I could do a proper upgrade of my PC.

It will be interesting to see how Egosoft will fare against the dev of Star Citizen and the new Elite.
The one thing X has going for it, is that its a proper singleplayer (read: offline) game, where Star Citizen is sort of an MMO, always online deal IIRC.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

son_of_montfort

X also has its name and about a year or two lead on Star Citizen going for it!

I really am excited about X, and November isn't TOO far away!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Yskonyn

True!

I am so looking forward to Rebirth! :) It's a great 2nd half of the year, with Dom 4, Rome 2, EU4, X:Rebirth, FF:ARR :D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Darkspire

The cockpits are back  ;D

Darkspire

Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.