Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on November 15, 2013, 08:28:52 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 15, 2013, 07:40:48 PM
The game is admittedly flawed right now.  There are many noticeable bugs.  That being said, I'm still having fun flying through space and looking around. I have no doubt that this game will eventually be molded into a classic title.

JH, I haven't even figured out how to dock yet. What have you noticed that are bugs and flaws? At least the big ones. At this point, I don't know what is a bug and what is operator error.

Outside of setting up the joystick which is clearly messed up

Lots of stupid little things...nothing game breaking yet.  Yes, the control menu options seem to be a little nerfed.  There are some graphics issues with models in stations and every time I  speak with an NPC, they have a very odd habit of kneeling down after every interaction.  The FPS movement in stations just doesn't feel right at all. I really think that adding this feature to the game was a pretty big misstep.  It is totally unnecessary, doesn't really add anything to the game and it just doesn't feel right. I think they wasted valuable resources in making it that would have been better spent on polishing the space aspect of the game.     
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


PanzersEast

@ mikeck 

To dock, enable the mouse cursor mode and put the cursor over the icon of station etc... and double click on it.  A box should pop up and select Dock



@ JH

I think some of the polish comes later.... at least that is the way it feels.  They have the core out and then start to refine it.  One of the best things about this series is the modding community and the modding tools Egosoft supplies.....


PE

republic

I am pretty disappointed to learn that you ship is only really the cockpit 1 room and the hanger area.  I was hoping something more like a home in space.  Like the Normandy from Mass Effect but much smaller.

mikeck

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 15, 2013, 08:56:28 PM
@ mikeck 

To dock, enable the mouse cursor mode and put the cursor over the icon of station etc... and double click on it.  A box should pop up and select Dock



@ JH

I think some of the polish comes later.... at least that is the way it feels.  They have the core out and then start to refine it.  One of the best things about this series is the modding community and the modding tools Egosoft supplies.....


PE

Ok, so I have to click on the icon and not the station itself. Thanks
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

republic

I saw that Egosoft has responded to the unwashed Steam masses

QuoteFirst of all let me start by saying that I am vey sorry if you personally experience problems with our new game. We are doing what we can to fix these issues as fast as possible. Below I will try to summarise some tips and inform you about our plans for updates and patches based on the feedback from threads in this forum and the egosoft community (which is unfortunately currently broken under the heavy load).



###### Bugs we are investigating ######

- Broken or missing voice recordings in language other than english

There is an update for german voices today (nov 15th) and another update end of next week. We apologize for these problems. French voices are expected to be added in mid december, russian voices should also follow in december.

- Performance problems on very high end PCs

It seems that some of you experience an unsatisfying framerate even though you have really high end machines. We want to know which systems are affected by this and need to reproduce these problems here. To do this it would help us immensely if you could send your DXDIAG reports and describe the framerates you measure (e.g with the FRAPS tool) in certain situations. Please describe the situation and give different examples (e.g landed on a station, in an empty zone, close to a station, in a highway etc.). Please send your information to info@egosoft.com with subject #PERFORMANCE INFO#

- Stuck object on platform: We are sorry that this still happens sometimes and will fix it ASAP, but you should however always be able to simply use ENTER - 5 to get back.

- We read reports of people who can not save: Please check if the harddrive that you are saving to has space left and the right are set correctly for the savegame folder. If you think this is all correct, please send us a DXDiag file to info@egosoft.com with subject #SAVING BUG#


- Crash right at gamestart (but not in or before start menu):

This is very likely memory related. Do not try running the game in 32 bit Windows (this is not officially supported). If you still want to experiment with 32 bit Windows, be aware that it may crash. More importantly it will definitely crash if you do not set your machine to allow more than 2GB of physical memory. There are tricks to achieve this but in general the rule is: Use a 64bit Windows! UPDATE: Patch 1.12 will give you a message at the start if the game has zero chance of running because of "out of memory" and not even start!


- Exiting the super highway (blue) millions of km away from anything

This seems to be a bug several people report. We are trying to reproduce this but it is not easy. If you have information on how to reproduce, please email info@egosoft.com
Please let us know if you had this problem with 1.12 or above, as we hope it was already fixed.


- After loading cursor vanishes
While running around on platforms the mouse cursor is supposed to disappear. If it happens in normal flight, please check if you have more than one physical monitor and the cursor may just moved off the screen?


- Ship flying through station:

We apologize for this happening. We hoped to have reduced the chance of this happening significantly, but are investigating this.


###### Tricks & Tips ######

- Dont run game in 32bit Windows and make sure you have enough memory free

- Make sure you have latest drivers installed.

- If you have problems with the game, reset all settings in the driver to default

- If you suffer performance problems set the LOD and view distance to low values. The game should still look good but this helps a LOT. Consider turning off shadows, consider medium or low shaders if your GPU is the bottleneck.

- Trading: Some people report problems that trade ships do not work as expected. In most cases this is not a bug with the trade ship AI but the ship did not get the right order through the trade menu. As mentioned above, we definitely want to improve this menu further, but most importantly you have to make sure that when you add a trade order to a ship, you click on NEXT after selecting the order and assigning it to the ship selected at the top of the menu. Then you select the amount and confirm the order. After this you should see that an order was added to the ships order queue. One thing we want to improve is management of this queue and show it more clearly in trade ship info menus.

- There seems to be a bug with menus remaining open sometimes. If you end up with a non working menu, please see if changing the screen resolution or AA settings (ESC - settings - graphic settings) helps to make the menus work again. You can undo those changes after it works again. If this happens repeatedly please email information on how you reproduce this to info@egosoft.com



###### Feedback about feature requests: ######

- Map and other menu improvement: We have a number of menu and map improvements planned. This includes more control over the map like the zoom that was suggested here and changing the layout of some of the text menus. We are also considering showing the "minimap" on the eventmonitor whenever there is "no signal" at the moment. These are a lot of individual improvements some of which will happen soon.

- Autopilot / SETA: We will add some autopilot support. However it is our goal with X Rebirth that you do not need to run the game semi-automatically for extended periods of time. This is also he reason why we will not support SETA / SINZA time acceleration. There should never be a need to wait 20 minutes for your trade ships once you have multiple ships. You can queue orders and do many things in parallel. Time acceleration as a trick to accelerate trading will not be in X Rebirth.

- Facial animations: We will look into improving facial animations.

- External view / Ability to turn around in cockpit: This was asked for a few times. Yes we will look into this but it will be part of a larger update and take more time than just a few weeks. It will also be combined with support for looking around in the cockpit (e.g with a joystick POV hat) and maybe also support for Oculus Rift style VR. So please be aware that this feature will take some time to add.

- Targeting hotkeys: Another feature that was requested a couple of times. Yes we will do this. Based on your feedback that is for one of the earlier updates even though such "explicit" targets only work in the mouse / keyboard mode. Not with controllers!

- Talking to people on stations: We have a plan for an early patch (early december) which will make the conversations and finding NPCs for jobs a lot easier and more accessible. This has a high priority.

- Skipping conversations: We will look into this, but I can not promise that this is always possible.

- Joystick support: We are aware that joystick support (as opposed to gamepad) at this time is not perfect. We definitely will make this a priority for one of the next updates, but please allow a little time for this.

JudgeDredd

I was a bit worried about not seeing the joystick mentioned - until I got to the bottom.

But I wouldn't categorise it as "feature request"...bug would be more like it!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

I just hit what I believe is my first game stopping bug. Most of what you need to do in terms of navigation, trading, ship management, etc. is handled through a screen that pops up to your right on the bridge of the Albion Skunk...well, the screen is refusing to pop up for me now. I can't access galaxy, sector or system maps, can't check on mission status and can't accept trade deals.  I exited and reloaded, but that did not seem to solve the problem.  I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but who knows.  I'm playing the campaign and I'm at the point where I just delivered a defense officer to my freighter.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


PanzersEast

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 16, 2013, 08:48:14 AM
I just hit what I believe is my first game stopping bug. Most of what you need to do in terms of navigation, trading, ship management, etc. is handled through a screen that pops up to your right on the bridge of the Albion Skunk...well, the screen is refusing to pop up for me now. I can't access galaxy, sector or system maps, can't check on mission status and can't accept trade deals.  I exited and reloaded, but that did not seem to solve the problem.  I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but who knows.  I'm playing the campaign and I'm at the point where I just delivered a defense officer to my freighter.

I'm past that point and had and issues where the screen popped up, but could get anything to work by clucking it... I reloaded a previous save and it worked the next time.   I'm past trading E cells and taxi mission in the game.


I also ran into the highway bug mentioned above in the notes.... Reloaded and was ok.


PE

JudgeDredd

#143
From a visual perspective, whilst I think the stations look good on the outside, the whole game, interface, in game graphics and distance viewing look cartoony, too brash and if I may say, very console-ish.

The map that comes up in the ship...what the hell is that? The res on it looks diabolical for a start, and I'm not entirely sure I know what it's showing me.

I think I'll down tools with this for the moment. Wait at least for them to sort out the joystick problem. I tried mouse and it's ok...but I'd rather use my X52.

It's kind of unforgivable for a company to drop a space simulation game, including flight and combat, and not support one of the most common joysticks out there!

I'm not pissed. I bought it knowing there would likely be issues. But I am not overly impressed with the graphics (which I still say are a step back from AP), and the interface and res of the interface. I have all graphics whacked up to max and at 1920x1080 and it's running fine but looks pretty poor tbh...and I think the reason it seems to be running so smooth is - well - because it kind of looks...a bit rubbish.

I like the tunnels(?) and how busy space looks. I think the stations looks nice up close - but I still think they're using low textures or something. As JH says, it does look alive. Also as JH says...the walking around bollox is, well, kinda just that. Not really a lot to do or see so a very, very empty gesture. I was one of those who always wished you could get out of your ship and walk around the station...but I wasn't really expecting such a bland implementation. Also the ship...what? Two rooms...and one of them you can't seem to do anything and the other one you are auto guided to your seat as soon as you open the door.

I loaded AP last night and the graphics to me did seem much crisper and the stations looked like they were made of some nice, shiny metal composite or something. The textures on the stations and the ships in this just seem pants tbh.

That's my mini impression. I haven't played much on it because I can't get my joystick to work. I'll leave it just now.

Maybe, just maybe, it's a "get used to" thing with the graphics...when I get the joystick working I'll see
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

republic

I've been watching some "Lets Play" videos.  I kept wondering where all that traffic that is always seen coming into stations was coming from, but in one of the videos I saw a steady stream coming out of a highway and forming a line to go to the station.  When I saw that I thought "ahh...I think they will fix this."

Hopefully I'm right.  :)

I'm going to buy it.  :)

If the interior models can be changed up with modders or future patches, it would go a long way with me.  They at least need to be different with different types of stations.


PanzersEast

Quote from: republic on November 16, 2013, 10:16:34 AM
I've been watching some "Lets Play" videos.  I kept wondering where all that traffic that is always seen coming into stations was coming from, but in one of the videos I saw a steady stream coming out of a highway and forming a line to go to the station.  When I saw that I thought "ahh...I think they will fix this."

Hopefully I'm right.  :)

I'm going to buy it.  :)

If the interior models can be changed up with modders or future patches, it would go a long way with me.  They at least need to be different with different types of stations.


Ran into a station that had a jail.... never seen that in the other stations I ran into.  8)


PE

PanzersEast

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 16, 2013, 09:33:43 AM
From a visual perspective, whilst I think the stations look good on the outside, the whole game, interface, in game graphics and distance viewing look cartoony, too brash and if I may say, very console-ish.

The map that comes up in the ship...what the hell is that? The res on it looks diabolical for a start, and I'm not entirely sure I know what it's showing me.

I think I'll down tools with this for the moment. Wait at least for them to sort out the joystick problem. I tried mouse and it's ok...but I'd rather use my X52.


I'm using the LT Extreme 3D pro with no issues... weird that the X52 is not fully functional at the moment.



PE

JudgeDredd

^yeah - weird indeed.

For example - double click the Fire Weapon assignment (which currently says N\A) and the curser flashes - waiting for your input. The main trigger does nothing...and in fact I cannot assign ANY button to Fire Weapon or Fire Missile which makes using the joystick a bit useless.

Axis are ok though.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

PanzersEast

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 16, 2013, 10:25:51 AM
^yeah - weird indeed.

For example - double click the Fire Weapon assignment (which currently says N\A) and the curser flashes - waiting for your input. The main trigger does nothing...and in fact I cannot assign ANY button to Fire Weapon or Fire Missile which makes using the joystick a bit useless.

Axis are ok though.

I had to use the Weapons II category to make it work.... once I used it and left  Weapons category N/A it worked fine for me.  I assigned Fire Weapons to Trigger (button 1) and Missiles to Thumb button (button 2) on Weapons II and is working.  Never could get Weapons category to work correctly.


PE

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people