Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

Blow up his station...or at least work toward that goal
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

PanzersEast

Has any one tried the escort missions?  I have done two and both worth about 50K apiece.... killed 4 pirates only to have 2 more attack out of no where once we get to the station at the same time to blow up the ship I am escorting..... aarrrggghhhh


PE

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 19, 2013, 09:34:13 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2013, 09:31:23 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on November 19, 2013, 07:40:39 AM
Well it stopped my game there, didn't it? The mission right after that is a combat one. Doesn't work without shields. :D

Right...but you're the dummy :P that went ahead and sold your existing shields without checking to make sure you had enough cash to buy a replacement...oh, and by the way, you could have repurchased what you sold at the same price. At least, it was listed for sale for the same price with the merchant I dealt with.

Anyway, you can't totally blame this on the game. You played a part too.

Yes I am certainly to blame for this, but like I said; the trade window is pretty vague. Plus as it was a mission I expected a scripted action, not a normal trade.

But no, I could not buy them back at the same price. I checked. He sold them for 8% profit. Bastard!

Yes, the trade window is definitely confusing...no doubt about it.  That's interesting that the merchant in your game was selling for a profit.  I wonder if the 40% discount I was getting had to do with the number of 'i' icons I have explored at the particular station...you know how that unlocks deals and gives extra discounts, etc.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Yskonyn

I noticed Escort missions vary every time you accept it.
I had the same problem where my target for escort got destroyed a few times. Each time I reloaded the game and each time the enemies emerged at different points in the Mission.
Also, the escort targets sometimes seem to cruise into the unknown void without an aparent target only to suddenly turn around and fly straight to their target again.
Beware enemies can pop up at any time!

JH, yes I know about the unlocks. Ironically the whole station had been scanned already.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

MikeGER

...so i keep the old shields unitil i have earned the money to pay the difference for the update, right ?
(i visited the trader ... and now plan to continue with the story and will visit him later again)   
 

mikeck

Ok. I'm doing the campaign as a tutorial and I am at the beginning. Basically, I just found my freighter and was tasked with finding a pilot..which I did. I delivered him to the ship, assigned him there and added the ship to my squad. Then I had to find a repair officer to fix my ship.Fine. Next task is to hire a ship defense officer. There is no guidance for this and I can't find one. The one I did find right next to the repair doesn't offer an option for hire.

So...where do I go? Is there one around in te same platform as the repair officer or so I have to fly to different sectors? Also, does my -now piloted- freighter automatically follow me or does he just hang out in that sector?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

PanzersEast

Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 01:06:20 PM
Ok. I'm doing the campaign as a tutorial and I am at the beginning. Basically, I just found my freighter and was tasked with finding a pilot..which I did. I delivered him to the ship, assigned him there and added the ship to my squad. Then I had to find a repair officer to fix my ship.Fine. Next task is to hire a ship defense officer. There is no guidance for this and I can't find one. The one I did find right next to the repair doesn't offer an option for hire.

So...where do I go? Is there one around in te same platform as the repair officer or so I have to fly to different sectors? Also, does my -now piloted- freighter automatically follow me or does he just hang out in that sector?

Fly to the bar and look around... once you hire him, you will have to fly and dock with your freighter and then assign him to the ship.  Your freighter will just set there until it has a pilot.


PE

mikeck

Nevermind. I asked the one I had found before where I could find a defense officer and that activated the guidance
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 19, 2013, 01:12:23 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 01:06:20 PM
Ok. I'm doing the campaign as a tutorial and I am at the beginning. Basically, I just found my freighter and was tasked with finding a pilot..which I did. I delivered him to the ship, assigned him there and added the ship to my squad. Then I had to find a repair officer to fix my ship.Fine. Next task is to hire a ship defense officer. There is no guidance for this and I can't find one. The one I did find right next to the repair doesn't offer an option for hire.

So...where do I go? Is there one around in te same platform as the repair officer or so I have to fly to different sectors? Also, does my -now piloted- freighter automatically follow me or does he just hang out in that sector?

Fly to the bar and look around... once you hire him, you will have to fly and dock with your freighter and then assign him to the ship.  Your freighter will just set there until it has a pilot.


PE

It has a pilot. Will it sit there until I give it a mission or will it try to follow me?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

PanzersEast

Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 01:30:01 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on November 19, 2013, 01:12:23 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 01:06:20 PM
Ok. I'm doing the campaign as a tutorial and I am at the beginning. Basically, I just found my freighter and was tasked with finding a pilot..which I did. I delivered him to the ship, assigned him there and added the ship to my squad. Then I had to find a repair officer to fix my ship.Fine. Next task is to hire a ship defense officer. There is no guidance for this and I can't find one. The one I did find right next to the repair doesn't offer an option for hire.

So...where do I go? Is there one around in te same platform as the repair officer or so I have to fly to different sectors? Also, does my -now piloted- freighter automatically follow me or does he just hang out in that sector?

Fly to the bar and look around... once you hire him, you will have to fly and dock with your freighter and then assign him to the ship.  Your freighter will just set there until it has a pilot.


PE

It has a pilot. Will it sit there until I give it a mission or will it try to follow me?

If you assign him to your fleet, he will follow you until you give him a mission.... I believe next it will direct you to buy goods and sell them.  Once you do, your freighter will move in to pick them up.... then when you sell them, he will move to drop them off.


PE

PanzersEast


Nefaro

Does the station walk-around part of the game take up much time?

Frankly, that looks like a facet that wasn't needed at all and the terrible character models and small repetitive area just reinforces that picture. 

I'll probably pick this up when I get back to serious digital gaming, mainly because everyone says the game feels like it's "more alive" which is something the X-series has desperately needed.  And despite the graphics being lowered to obviously work smoothly on consoles.  But the station walkarounds just sound like a waste of developmental effort and not very amusing at all.  Hopefully they don't take up too much time or effort because this series is all about being in the cockpit.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on November 19, 2013, 02:46:32 PM
Does the station walk-around part of the game take up much time?

Frankly, that looks like a facet that wasn't needed at all and the terrible character models and small repetitive area just reinforces that picture. 

I'll probably pick this up when I get back to serious digital gaming, mainly because everyone says the game feels like it's "more alive" which is something the X-series has desperately needed.  And despite the graphics being lowered to obviously work smoothly on consoles.  But the station walkarounds just sound like a waste of developmental effort and not very amusing at all.  Hopefully they don't take up too much time or effort because this series is all about being in the cockpit.

Honestly you don't have to spend a lot of time in them when you start trading... as trading is done outside of the station.  There is already a mod that allows you to interact with people without having to land.  Most of the time you are in space and you can control your ships and crews remotely, only land when I actually want weapons, repair etc..... so all in all most of it is in space.


PE

Yskonyn

Yeah I can see where the running around gets tedious when you have played for a long time and just want to ramp up your empire's efficiency with dealing with NPC's. But as said; a mod is already available, so that's something I keep in mind for when I get tired of it.

One thing I noticed is that the loot crates and the credit stashes remain 'discovered' on a given location. They do not respawn, or if they do it takes a fair bit of time.
Not at all sure where you use all that stuff for that you find in those lockers and crates.. ?

Anyway, when you are looking for a specific crew member to hire, you can ask around. If the NPC (or ships captains) know a location of someone you're looking for they will give you guidance just like a mission to its location. Quite handy.
Though it might take some asking around, because I find more people have NO clue whatsoever than those who do. :)

SPOILER AHEAD


You might want to make some serious use of the freighter you get at the start of the campaign and pause the plot... It isn't yours anymore quite soon after and seems to just function as a tutorial in what you can do once you have one of your own. The plot does not explain why it suddenly isn't around anymore though. Pretty awkward and dissapointing. I think I am going to restart actually.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on November 19, 2013, 02:46:32 PM
Does the station walk-around part of the game take up much time?

Frankly, that looks like a facet that wasn't needed at all and the terrible character models and small repetitive area just reinforces that picture. 

I'll probably pick this up when I get back to serious digital gaming, mainly because everyone says the game feels like it's "more alive" which is something the X-series has desperately needed.  And despite the graphics being lowered to obviously work smoothly on consoles.  But the station walkarounds just sound like a waste of developmental effort and not very amusing at all.  Hopefully they don't take up too much time or effort because this series is all about being in the cockpit.

I believe there is a mod that eliminates the need to enter a station to trade wares or communicate with those inside
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson