old elite type game, free and I think is great game

Started by gameleaper, August 19, 2013, 01:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

if you like the old game elite and its off-shoots , you could try this
http://www.freewarefiles.com/Via-Galactica_program_32098.html
I like it, I loved it , but Im a big fan , I tried it on wmware player under XP, works fine

Huw the Poo


gameleaper

thanks Huw the Poo I just downloaded, My link is a turn-based game differrrent but same gameplay

Darkspire

Quote from: gameleaper on August 19, 2013, 02:17:50 AM
thanks Huw the Poo I just downloaded, My link is a turn-based game differrrent but same gameplay

Not really freeware, more a demo, check the manual for the extras if you 'make a donation'

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


gameleaper


gameleaper

#5
Via Galactica is proper freeware: there are no trial periods, no passwords, no registration requirements, and no nag screens.

http://viagalactica.atspace.com/

but if you donate $10 you get some extras

•Extra cargos - up to fifteen cargos including some new illegal cargos such as liquor and slaves.
•Extra systems - up to 85% more systems, with a massive new limit of 361 systems for 'difficult games'. You can choose the size of galaxy you want.

•Extra ships - ships with larger hold capacity are available, up to 400 hold spaces

• Extra equipment and objects which you can use to enhance your adventures, plus the ability to change the properties of certain pieces of equipment to customise them to your requirements.
•Extra financial options such as customisable insurance and share certificates.
•The ability to buy whole systems and benefit from the tax income they generate.
•The ability to affiliate to an alliance and receive membership benefits such as fee waivers and repair discounts.

•A brilliant Route Finder function which helps you plot the quickest and shortest course around the galaxy.
•A Graph facility which enables you to see how your riches have mounted up over the course of your game.

•A whole range of other customisation options, including the ability to tailor other features of the galaxy.

Huw the Poo

What?  I've never been nagged for anything playing Oolite.  It's open-sourced, which is as free as you can get!

gameleaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 19, 2013, 08:30:42 AM
What?  I've never been nagged for anything playing Oolite.  It's open-sourced, which is as free as you can get!

I was talking about Via Galactica Huw ,