Endless Space? Nope, it's Endless Legend!

Started by Martok, August 22, 2013, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: steve58 on August 28, 2014, 02:39:33 PM
Spacesector has a nice preview up.

official release sept 18th

i can confirm its awesome, i just wish i had time to play it properly

tgb

The devs have said that they want to try to get one more build of the beta up before release, probably this week.  It would be nice to have it for the weekend.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

#138
Final beta is up before release next Thursday.  It seems pretty complete to me.  Other than some fine tuning in a Day One patch, this might as well be the release version.

Quote
CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
Implementation of the new battle rules.
Updated the units.
Updated the unit capacities
Updated the items effects
Refactoring of the technology tree
Added Eras 5 and 6 of the technology tree
Added new Winter Effects
Global balancing of the game
Added animated diplomats
Added French and German localisations for testing purposes
Added OSX version for testing purposes
Added the tutorial
Added the game credits list
Implemented the Audio mix

OTHER FIXES
Fixed 250+ issues. Too many fixes to be listed here... :)

I m in the middle of the tutorial, and I would suggest going through it even if you've been playing. A few things have been changed, particularly how combat works and optimization of boroughs


[edit]I take back what I said about there being nothing more to add.  Having finished the tutorial and gone back to the main menu, I can't find the faction editor.  I assume it will be in next week's build.

RedArgo

I haven't played this for several updates, sounds like its time to get back in.

tgb

One more thing.   The tutorial is one of the best I've seen in a long time.  Clear, concise, and covers (almost) all of the bases.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

ive got to put my hand up and say i havent seen one, unless it was built after i started

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 07:09:46 AM
How long is the tutorial?

More or less an hour, depending on your speed.  It's a separate item on the main menu, so skippable, but I do recommend going through it

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Does this actually have a lot of content?  Or is it another AOW3?  Looks like the latter, from a vid I watched.   Been putting it off because due to doubts about the depth of it.

undercovergeek

far more scope, even if it was endless space with dragons (which it aint) it would be infinitely deeper that AOW III

tgb

Quote from: Nefaro on September 12, 2014, 02:48:01 PM
Does this actually have a lot of content?  Or is it another AOW3?  Looks like the latter, from a vid I watched.   Been putting it off because due to doubts about the depth of it.

I don't know what you mean by "a lot of content", but if AoW is 20% empire building and 80% combat, this is the opposite.  Here's a pretty good preview someone wrote up:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/c27u9hgzcir1bcj/Endless%20Legend%20Early%20Impressions.pdf?dl=0

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on September 12, 2014, 02:48:01 PM
Does this actually have a lot of content?  Or is it another AOW3?  Looks like the latter, from a vid I watched.   Been putting it off because due to doubts about the depth of it.

I haven't played much but from what I have read,
It is very deep. Haven't seen anyone complain that it lacked depth (like many did in AOW3)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Steelgrave