Xenonauts Update (XCom Remake)

Started by airboy, September 04, 2013, 10:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

So it's officially released now?  Or they just announced that it will be soon?


PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on June 01, 2014, 10:22:27 AM
So it's officially released now?  Or they just announced that it will be soon?

Officially unofficial.


It is now the released 1.0 version.  The extra time for "official" announcement is for pr and review copies to be sent out.

PE

Grim.Reaper

Yep, released and like Panzer said, the rest of the time is just for bug fixes and pr stuff....played last night and this morning, enjoying it so far.  Should have bought long ago:)

JasonPratt

i.e., previous buys have been upgraded to version 1 (mine upgraded automatically on Steam yesterday), and any new buys will be at version 1 or later (or possibly instant-updated on Steam after purchase, not quite sure how it handles the switch from beta to official.)

Congratulations to the Gold Hawk guys, and I hope they'll be (even more?) successful!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

PanzersEast

Played over the weekend and after my guys keep dying per usual in all the missions I couldn't help but then I could use some Space Marines to wipe out these xenomorph heretics....  Chainsword anyone?


PE

steve58

Has Xenonauts been part of the Steam Summer Sale yet?   If not, think it might be?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on June 25, 2014, 04:04:25 PM
Has Xenonauts been part of the Steam Summer Sale yet?   If not, think it might be?

Doubt it, was just released couple weeks ago and at that time it was already on sale for $19.  Could be wrong but think people who invested in it at that time would likely not be happy.

JasonPratt

It is definitely at $25 this morning. Entirely reasonable that it wouldn't be in the Summer Sale, as they've had good sales on it recently and probably need the extra cash right now. Besides, $25 is quite reasonable in itself for an updated X-Com successor that isn't horribly buggy and/or cursed with a terrible interface.

(Note: excluding the official XCOM which is awesome and I love it to death but only about 70% an X-Com successor.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Thx GR, Jason -- I'd like to pick it up, but will probably hold out for a sale.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Greybriar

I bought Xenonauts from the Humble Store. Both the Steam and DRM-Free versions are priced at $24.99 there.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Quote from: Greybriar on June 26, 2014, 10:03:01 AM
I bought Xenonauts from the Humble Store. Both the Steam and DRM-Free versions are priced at $24.99 there.

GOG also has it DRM-free.

Greybriar

Quote from: Nefaro on June 26, 2014, 10:04:07 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on June 26, 2014, 10:03:01 AM
I bought Xenonauts from the Humble Store. Both the Steam and DRM-Free versions are priced at $24.99 there.

GOG also has it DRM-free.

Thanks for mentioning that. I knew it was but failed to include that option in my post.

It wasn't available from GOG when I purchased it from the Humble Store. I would have bought it from GOG if it had been.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Sparhawk

I'm having a great time with this game but seem unable to get additional bases operational before losing regions. I'm not sure where the balance lays between pushing resources into better gear for tactical and base development.

Kushan

Quote from: Sparhawk on July 03, 2014, 06:41:49 PM
I'm having a great time with this game but seem unable to get additional bases operational before losing regions.

Unlike the Firaxis remake, I don't think you can completely lose regions funding in Xenonauts. I've hD regions in the poor category for awhile in my current game but their still supplying some funding, although it's significantly reduced.

I started an iron man game this afternoon. Was going pretty good until my base got attacked. First time I've made it this far in, not sure what to expect.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Pinetree

I'm playing on veteran using ironman rules without actually using ironman, as I'm getting the odd crash so this way I can save more often without having to exit the game. The only mods I'm using are the ultimate map pack and my xtended soldiers mod with a home- brew rank mod. No gameplay mods, so to speak.

I have two teams, one in North America and one in Europe. Both have been completely wiped out twice so far. I'd love to have some kind of memorial screen so I could see how many troops I've lost.  It's been very brutal to say the least.  ;D

I've researched lasers and hope to equip the teams with them as soon I've built some Migs. I'm encountering corvettes now and the Condors don't cut it against them.  Hopefully I can upgrade armour as well. I need to get more engineers and and workshops but that's offset by maintenance costs and a diminishing income due to not being able to be everywhere. It's a very fine balancing act to get what you need.

Great stuff! ;D
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."