DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order

Started by JudgeDredd, September 05, 2013, 01:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I have to say - it wasn't something I was looking out for. I heard they were doing the Mi-8 and was not overly excited about it at all...but I was the same with the Huey and I bought that.

It seems to have a nice quirky cockpit...but if I buy, it'll be "to have" - not to fly because I've hardly touched the Huey and only rarely touch DCS (which I love).

I don't know - maybe (likely will do).
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Yskonyn

No buy here.
I will start to buy again when:
A) they release F/A-18
B) they release new theaters.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

I have an illness - only just gone and bought it!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

The Mi-8 is sort of like the Hind's pappy. Or mammy. Or sumpin'...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I'm really interested in this, but will probably wait for a sale.  I have BS2 and Huey and they're not even installed yet.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

I think it's safe to say I'm nowhere near proficient in A-10C, BS2, Huey, Su-25, P-51 or FC3 and yet I still bought this. I'm sick I tell ya!  :D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

It's actually a rather fun chopper. Big bugger and there's a huge issue with taking off ad landing.

So much turbulence taking off and landing...I haven't managed a landing yet (well - I have because I have indestructible on! but not a proper landing) and take off is a huge input of power to get lift to get away from the ground and all the turbulence!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Bloody hell! This thing is up for sale at $19.99!!!

I only bought it 2 bloody weeks ago! Damn I've got to learn restraint!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Yskonyn on September 05, 2013, 02:34:32 AM
No buy here.
I will start to buy again when:
A) they release F/A-18
B) they release new theaters.

..and they get rid of the DRM.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Toonces

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 19, 2013, 07:09:48 AM
Bloody hell! This thing is up for sale at $19.99!!!

I only bought it 2 bloody weeks ago! Damn I've got to learn restraint!

Normally I wouldn't complain about a price cut, but that is just insulting to folks that purchased full price mere weeks ago.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

Absolutely. ..charge what you want when you want. ..but 2 weeks? How can that be a business model with a future.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

magnus

#13
 That is why I am not happy to see ROF on Steam.

I figure in a month you could buy everything in ROF for $ 29.99.

I bought the last DCS stuff I didn't own a few weeks ago with the Steam sale. It is pretty annoying to pay full price and a week later it is on sale again.

JudgeDredd

Seen this at SimHQ - seemingly posted by a DCS employee (Waggs)?

Quote
"Dear all,

Apologies for taking a bit to respond on this subject, but we first wanted come up with a means of compensation for those that purchased Mi-8MTV2 at full price. We recognize that the sale of this product was too soon after the initial sale and we want to make this right. As such, all those that purchased Mi-8MTV2 prior to the Autumn sale will be receiving a 70% coupon for any current or future DCS product.

Thanks
Waggs"

Official post is here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1879187#post1879187
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people