Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SgtRock, September 07, 2013, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Instead of on the PC? Inconceivable. Unless you are that afraid of Origins DRM, which may be...conceivable.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

PC is the way to go. If for no other reason, then for the mods that will become available.

That said, I'll likely have to get it for 360 because my poor old laptop will not run it. At least not very well.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

You are a gaming mystery wrapped in an enigma.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I'm figuring I'll break down and get now for the 360 and by the time I have a rig to run it properly I'll be able to buy the PC version for 5 bucks.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Always thinking, you.

TPEK: just got my Origins code for Inquisition. I can't click on the instructions to tell you if I can pre-load or not because I am imprisoned at work.

Check your email for a code.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

^Apparently only Americans can pre-load today anyway.
Us "inferior-folk" have to wait until the 17th (for pre-load, to play the game we need to wait until the 21st).

Grim.Reaper

That stinks.....mine is preloading as I type...roughly 25gb.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Well, all downloaded and installed....desktop icon just taunting me that I can't play it until next Tuesday:(

Gusington

^Me too...preloaded overnight. Hopefully it will actually work Tuesday when I get to it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Didn't get a lot of time to play yet, but the graphics are pretty impressive....I know I will also be in the minority, but so far I actually like using a gamepad for controlling the action, seems to work for me, but I am early on so who knows whether that will change after I log more hours.  I continue to read fairly positive remarks on the game, so I look forward to getting much deeper.

Gusington

Just played for two hours, got sidetracked by a pride demon. Tried to defeat him three times, got pummeled each time. A lot of reviewers on Metacritic are commenting on using a gamepad instead of a mouse and keyboard on PC. Last I checked the game had an 87% rating. Graphics are very good, runs smooth on my 3 year old rig. I have to re-learn party combat to defeat this pride demon bastard. Then the game will open up.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I've got about an hour in and I think I'm leaning towards trying with a game pad as well. I think with a mouse and keyboard, it is pretty difficult to control the camera, your charachter and your party members all at the same time in the thick of battle. I feel like the dual thumb sticks will be a great aid in this. I'll give it a shot next time I play.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

So far game pad works pretty well for me and I likely will stick with it. Haven't got into any large battles yet, but seems like it should be fine, seems pretty smoothe for me.  And I'll say again, really have been impressed with the graphics so far, just seem real sharp.  Still have to play a lot more to comment on actual gameplay and story, but seems to be trending well.

Gusington

Either of you get to the pride demon boss battle yet? I am sure I will be thinking about is all day until I go back to it tonight.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd