AGEOD Civil war 2 battle planner

Started by mikeck, September 12, 2013, 09:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32026-One-feature-a-day-series-7-Battle-Planner

Seems that in ACW2 you will have the option to choose how the army deploys. Based on that deployment choice, you can select among several available battle plans. This should give people more control.

Normally, I wouldn't start a thread over a simple feature, but I know that a lot of people who would normally love these types of deep operational games are turned off by the abstract combat. Hopefully this will convince so of you to give it a try.

Coming out Sept 17 according to matrix
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Martok

Sounds pretty cool.  Here's hoping they'll actually make a difference in combat results. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mikeck

Yes, and also what Goes in to the AI decision to use the certain plans or is it going to just pick one at random
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

This is the kind of new feature the series could use.  Hopefully it's matured enough in testing to work well.  8)

Anguille


mikeck

Has anyone heard anything about the release if this? The matrix Christmas wish lost said Sept 17 but I have not seen any annouments. I posted matrix but got no response. I cannot get into the AgEOD forum as it hates my phone apparently
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson


mikeck

Release tommorow confirmed on AGEOD forum.
Can't wait
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on September 16, 2013, 04:30:08 PM
Release tommorow confirmed on AGEOD forum.
Can't wait

Any price mentioned yet?

Tuna

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 16, 2013, 04:31:37 PM
Quote from: mikeck on September 16, 2013, 04:30:08 PM
Release tommorow confirmed on AGEOD forum.
Can't wait

Any price mentioned yet?

Hopefully an AGEOD price.. not a Matrix price!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on September 16, 2013, 04:46:11 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 16, 2013, 04:31:37 PM
Quote from: mikeck on September 16, 2013, 04:30:08 PM
Release tommorow confirmed on AGEOD forum.
Can't wait

Any price mentioned yet?

Hopefully an AGEOD price.. not a Matrix price!

I have a feeling it will be at Matrix Prices.......if I am a betting man, I think the price will be between $29 and $39.  Thought I remember some discussion threads that suggested Matrix thought Ageod was selling their products too cheaply....but I could be misremembering.

mikeck

#11
Still showing "coming soon" but both the wish list and Pocus (on the forum) as well as Ian from Slitherine said release is tomorrow. Likely it will be around $39

Edit: Slitherine updated to show release day 9/17; however, there is no price info. Hell, I'de put down $60 on it if its half as good as ACW
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Tuna


W8taminute

^That's not too bad a price.  I like the addition of this battle planner.  I'm torn now between this game and GTA V both out now.   :-\
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tuna

Not too bad a price.. but it is an increase on an existing Engine.. at least they didn't break it up into multiple sections like AJE.

I'm not allowed to use the Credit Card this month (cause we spent too much last month!)... So I guess I'm not a first day buyer  :-[